calebs pov whaaa

"sydney, do you know where brynn went?" i asked her, running my fingers through my hair. "i saw you talking to her last and-"
"she went to get food me and her, she said she'll come and talk to you, didn't she? so just give her some time. she calmed down and now we're just talking."
i nodded and thanked her before walking away. to be honest, i was starting to get hungry too, so i waited for brynn to leave the barbecue area. i picked up a paper plate and some food before sitting down opposite blake and annie. sadly, the two of them were only friends because annie was in a relationship with hayden. hannie.

"annie, i need to talk to blake. shoo." she scowled at me before picking up her phone and leaving.
"what's up, my brother?" blake asked, wiping his mouth. he had turned 13 a few weeks ago so i felt he was mature enough to talk about this.
"did something happen to brynn? you know, to make her so-"
"last year. she had a boyfriend last year. they were unofficial but everyone knew they were a thing. he wasn't exactly the nicest guy. he made her do stuff that she didn't exactly want to. they broke up a few months before we moved here."
"h-he raped her?" i stuttered.
"no. but he made her try drugs and like, just do things. you know?" he explained, finishing his burger.
"have you talked about this before then?"
"when we tried to get her to go therapy, i had to tell her councillor."