Chapter 10

Alexandria 

"You know you miss me because I sure have been missing you, baby."  His face flashed in front of me and I could only see him leaning his head back with evil laughter escaping his devilish smile. His whole body length was now filling my entire vision and he was standing right where I had last seen him. 

"Come to the city, baby. I'll be waiting." 

I sat up quickly from my laid position then gripped onto my head, which happened to be pounding from all sides. It seemed just like last time when I was sleeping and the headache was there. I groaned then laid back down but as soon as I did, the mysterious screeching started again. 

The screeching wiped my mind clear of any thoughts, except for one. It kept bringing up my dream in which I kept seeing the prince of rogues popping into my mind. His laughing mixed in with the high-pitched screaming that continuously sounded in my head. 

"I...have...to make this...stop!" I shouted the last part of my statement. It was all too painful and if the prince was actually trying to convey a message, then all I have to do was to be submissive to his games. I couldn't just let him do this to me anymore. I was in too much pain. 

Stay strong, Alexia!  A voice counteracted against my declaration and the screeching. I tumbled off the bed the opposite direction away from the door, further from it, and when as soon as I did, it sounded as if someone turned the volume on maximum as if it weren't already so. 

"God damn it," I whispered since those were the only words that could leak from my mouth. Sweat covered my face and I was trembling in cold sweat that had wrapped around my body. 

I crawled closer to the door and with every inch that I progressed towards the exit, the more relieved my head felt. All this time it had felt like my head was a balloon that was going to pop. 

When I approached the double doors, I propped myself up against it then opened a door so I could exit. I leaned against the closed door now and took a few deep breaths. With every step that I took, my thoughts cleared a bit and my head felt like it was holding less pressure, as well as the noise decrease. 

The windows lining along the hallway were letting in all the moonlight and with the hallways being dimly lit, I could see just well enough since the moon was lighting my way. 

It felt like I was sleepwalking. I barely had control over my feet; they just took me everywhere they wanted to do. My head felt like it was floating in a sea of clouds. 

My hand lifted to grab one of father's keys off its hook. I cracked open the door leading to the garage then closed it right behind me, quietly. 

I turned the engine on then drove right out the garage. I climbed out the car momentarily to open the gate just wide enough for the car to squeeze through then closed it once the car passed. 

All the windows were down in the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and the wind was just piling in, wave after wave, like the seashore. My thoughts were drifting mindlessly and it felt as if I had lost complete control over the actions of my body. 

Soon enough, I found myself standing in front of the VIP sign that led to a room where bad memories were held. My right hand brushed the raw bite wound that rested on my left forearm. 

I didn't think twice before grabbing the cool doorknob then opening the door so I could enter. The screeching stops immediately as soon as I was overwhelmed by the scent of the rogue prince. 

My eyes landed right on him the second I opened the door. I spotted him immediately amongst the large crowd of werewolves. They were all committing to guilty pleasures. Playing poker, drinking large amounts of alcohol, yet they were all functioning just fine. 

The room fell silent then the entrance slammed behind me, cutting off the werewolf world with the human world. A large man stood behind me with his arms crossed. All eyes were on me, even the prince. 

I spun around real quick to see him standing up from his sitting position at the poker table. I could comprehend thoughts now, but that wasn't what I was concerned about. My heart raced rapidly, especially with all the eyes glued to me. My breathing grew shallow and with each inhale, it felt like I had less and less air capacity in my lungs. 

My legs gave out and my eyes closed as I fell to the ground. Everything's black, but the last thing I remembered seeing was the prince running to my side from where he was standing. 

"Samuel, what are you doing?" I hear echoing somewhere far in the depths of my mind. I recognized that I was laying on a bed but I wasn't sure where I was. My head began to shake back and forth and my eyes snapped open. I was about to sit upright, but two strong hands stopped me from doing so. They were both on my shoulder and pressed me down back onto the bed. 

"Stay." He demanded. I stayed but remained staring at the prince. A woman shifted on her feet in the corner of my vision so I turned my head to glance at her. She was younger than I was, but just another rogue werewolf. Another enemy. I thought to myself. 

"I told you to get out of this room. It's my room. Get out." He declared with sternness in his voice. She bowed her head then briskly walked out the room, closing the door behind her, without another word. 

He turned his attention back to me. His facial expression softened. One of his thumbs began stroking the area where they were on my shoulder. 

"How are you feeling?" He whispered in a gentle voice that I have never recognized before. It was as if he was a totally different person behind-the-scenes. 

I shrugged to his statement. He loosened his grip on my shoulders then sighed before redrawing his hands back and placing them on his lap. 

"Where am I?" I asked. I was worried. I was worried about Zayden, my parents, and the whole kingdom. They must've found out by now that the princess was missing. 

"You're safe. You're just underneath the VIP club. Don't worry about it." He said softly. His eyes softened and his eyes dilated. I swallowed in response to his statements. At least I was still close enough where I could go into father's car and drive away. That is if I could escape without anyone catching me. 

"Your name is Samuel," I exclaimed. That was all I said. He nodded. 

"So you heard." He replied. I nodded back. "I apologize that she woke you up. She just assumed that I wasn't allowed in this room, but baby, I run this place." He smirked with his gray eyes glistening in the light. I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm fine, thank you. You can leave now. Please, I need to rest more." I exclaimed after rolling over on the bed with my back facing him. He was quiet after the things that I said. He was too quiet. I closed my eyes until he got up from the bed then walked to the door and closed it. 

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in until he left. It was suffocating being so close to him. He was the one who attacked me, after all. He was the one who caused the screeching in my head. I wasn't going crazy. I had a valid reason for my episodes. 

Listening closely to his footsteps in the VIP room above me, I heard them disappear then heard nothing else. Absolutely no noises.