Chapter 20

Zayden 

I paced around the training room in circles while staring at the floor, with my arms crossed. I was in deep thought and was debating whether seeing Mia would be a good idea or not, since our last encounter was not the most ideal. 

I felt extremely nervous and my heart was pumping at such a fast pace. Not knowing what to do next, but to stay pacing in the training room, I made up my mind. 

Hopefully father would not notice that one of his cars are missing. I picked a set of keys then hit the 'unlock' button. The headlights to an Aston Martin Rapide flashed a couple times in-sync with the clicking of the button. I felt satisfied with the random pick then hurried to the car. 

My heart was racing and all my thoughts blurred, I turned the engine on and felt the car purr beneath me. I smirked then raced out the garage and approached the gates. There was only one guard there, thankfully, so I told him that I had to go out and run an errand, and that I would be back shortly. He believed me without a single question then pushed the gate open. 

The car sped down the winding mountainside and ran past every stop sign. There was absolutely no traffic on the road leading to the city. There was nobody standing in my way. 

I slammed on the brakes when I reached the Mia's café. I climbed out of the vehicle then pulled open the glass door, only to see a couple occupants in the café. It wasn't busy at this time of day, considering how close it was to closing time. 

The two people sat peacefully and seemed undisturbed but my hearing caught onto something. I heard whispers at the back of the café. I then made my way towards the kitchen and there was nobody back there, but then the back door just slammed to a shut at the same time of my entering into the kitchen. Mia's sweet smell trailed out that door with something else accompanying her. It felt like disturbance in my gut. 

I yanked the door open with my teeth gritted and my fists clenched. Her rogue werewolf boyfriend had Mia held against the alleyway brick wall and we were facing each other for the first time since our last encounter. 

"Let go of her." I warned the werewolf, but he snarled at my statement with dark broody eyes. Mia let out a small yelp when the werewolf's claws dug into her bicep. 

"Step away from her. Right now." I exclaimed then stepped forward as a final warning. He smirked with his canines drawn down and he let out a deep chuckle. 

"Why, sit down and enjoy the show. I'm sure you'll enjoy everything I'm about to do to her." He stated the last part then smelled the nape of her neck after burying his face deep into her hair. One of his claws gripped onto the side of her face and held her in place. Mia was shivering to his touch and begged me with her eyes to do something. She could not move. The werewolf would not let her go anywhere out of his sight. 

I let out a deep growl and charged towards the werewolf. Everything was red. Mia let out a scream when the rogue threw her body away, like it was nothing, and turned to face me. I sent Mia a quick look to see if she was alright and she was staring in shock from the ground. I growled once more and threw a punch straight at his face. 

His jaw cracked underneath my knuckles but he did not falter back in his stance. He remained standing strong. He pressed both his claws against my chest then shoved me back hard enough so my body slammed against the opposite brick wall. My breath was knocked out of me momentarily. I stood in a daze and gasped for air. 

He marched up towards me and gripped my throat with one large claw. He let out a snarl and a deep chuckle. 

"You think you're so special, don't you? You think your family name brings all the other rankings down, while you remain standing tall. Well, that's about to change when I snap the poor vampire heir's neck." He spat in my face. One of my hands were wrapped around the forearm to the hand that gripped my neck tightly. 

"Mia-," I gasped for air, "Go wait in the car." I breathed out and when she ran off with her eyes full of fear, I let out a sigh of relief. She was out of sight and out of danger. 

I tilted my head to the side with a teasing smirk then let out an attempted laugh, showing my fully-grown fangs. 

"You're right. The vampires will always stay standing tall, and we will control those who will get in our way." I spat back into his face with gritted teeth. The energy in my body rushed into my two hands and I pressed both my hands against his chest, then shoved his body off mine. 

The rush of fresh air was so refreshing but I only had enough time to recover before he came charging again like an angry bull. Smoke was fuming from his ears and his face was red. I dodged his body then wrapped my arm around his neck, like a chokehold, and used the momentum of his body to bring his body slamming right into the wall. 

He let out a quick groan but growled and got back onto his feet quickly. 

"I'm done playing games, Sinclair," he stated while regaining balance on his feet. He and I were both breathing heavily. 

I watched him closely and saw him reaching slowly behind his back. He had a weapon and I did not. I came completely bare handed. 

The blood drained from my face. I grew pale at the gun barrel that was pointing directly at my head. He stood several feet away, but I could see the slight shaking in the grip he had around the gun. 

"Come on now, a fight doesn't have to end this way. There's no fun in this." I let out a small scoff then rolled my eyes with my hands raised in the air, in a mocking way, but he didn't know that. 

I took small steps towards him, he did not notice that either. I came within reach and had an exact plan to follow. 

With lightning speed, one of my hands grabbed onto the rogue werewolf's wrist, that held the gun, then twisted it to the side, resulting in him letting out a scream in pain. 

My other hand reached for the gun that was in mid-fall, then I aimed it back at the rogue's head. 

My voice was stone cold when I spoke,"I thought you would've gotten the hint when I beat you up and left you as a bloody mess. Leave her alone or the next time I see you, I'll be pulling the trigger between your eyes." 

A/N: 

Hello welcome back, lovelies!! I know it's been a while since I last updated this novel, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I also hope that you all have been well! 

Thank you again for taking time from your day to read my novels and I appreciate you all so much for all you do! 

Until then, take care!! 

~Jade xoxo