Chapter 17

Aidan 

Alexia's room was quiet and nothing was heard except for two calm heartbeats. I began to calm myself but remained staring at Hazel with a raised eyebrow. She fidgeted under my intense gaze then finally looked up to face me. 

"What? Is something wrong? Do I have something on my face?" She asked with her arms crossed. I just shook my head to her questions. "Then I must have a beard or silly mustache growing on my face for you to be staring at me like this." She remarked with a raised eyebrow and half smirk.

"N-no, it's nothing." I stated then averted my eyes down to the floor for a brief second before looking back up again.  

"It's just," I paused then ran a hand through my chin, "Why William?" I asked the two other  people standing in the hallway with me. Zayden remained quiet for the moment when Hazel spoke up first. 

"I believe that William is Alexia's mate. She has gotten herself attached to a guard, and I think it's so romantic in a way that she always goes looking for him and he is always there to soothe her pains." She explained to me with a small smile while doing so. I stole a glance at Zayden and he just nodded his head slowly. 

"It's believable since Alexia ranted about him and Samuel before." He started. I raised an eyebrow. These kids better fill in the gaps with details because I was very lost. 

"Continue." I exclaimed for the two of them to explain. 

"The leader of the rogues, whose name is Samuel, imprinted himself into Alexia, yes?" Hazel asked. I nodded. "Well, she got mixed feelings from him when she spent that night at his nightclub. The next morning when she left his place, she ran right into William's arms and that was when she discovered that the high-pitched screeching and screaming that she had been hearing disappeared as soon as William's arms wrapped around her. It's quite miraculous actually since Samuel left the screeching inside her head." 

"So that's why she got attached to William. It's because of him and his being right next to her that cured her of the pain. Are you sure that they're mates?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed. I saw a slight nod from Zayden but definitely a sure nod from Hazel. 

"Yes, I'm sure because Alexia told me about the fluttering in her stomach and just how electricity currents flow from one end of her body out the other end. She described to me just how 'magical' he made her feel." Hazel offered a small smile with a blush. 

"I wish to find that fate with someone one day. It would be amazing just to share that connection with someone else." She sighed then leaned back against the wall. I smiled softly to her last comments. She was right, it would be very amazing to share the day with someone who feels the same for you. Just imagine finding someone who you know you could spend the rest of eternity with. 

"Don't tell anybody about William, or the imprinting of Samuel, not yet." Zayden chimed in. He took my nod as reassurance that I would not tell anybody, even my brother. Though I knew that it would be the right thing to do to tell him about his children and what they have been up to. 

Hazel began trailing down the hallway aimlessly. Zayden and I caught up to walk alongside her. The three of us knew that Alexia and William would be alright since they were quiet, so leaving the couple in peace would be the best for everyone. 

Something inside me was just itching to tell my brother but it wasn't my place to tell him, or Violet, about their child. 

We turned the corner and walked through the main hall and into a grand room on the eastern side of the castle. Violet's mother was sitting on a couch with her eyes closed, but only I spotted her. Zayden and Hazel did not so they proceeded in discussing about Alexia's situation and whether they should tell Alexia to talk to her parents about William. 

"Alexia isn't well enough yet, so let's just leave her and William alone for now. I'm sure the man doesn't want your father to know yet." Zayden addressed. Hazel nodded and let out a long sigh at the mention of her father. 

"Your father and my father would definitely treat William differently." They then paused then turned around to face me with glaring eyes. 

"Would you treat William differently?" They asked me at the same time. I raised both my hands in the air.

"Whoa, guys. Calm down. I will not treat him any more differently than I did the day before. It's alright, you don't have to worry about me." I assured them once again. They were like little children on a sugar high and just getting antsy at every little noise made in the castle. 

I turned back around to check the grandmother and just found her still with her eyes closed but she now had a small smile dancing on her lips. 

I shook my head with a light chuckle then pressed both hands on Zayden and Hazel's back to guide them towards the kitchen for a glass of blood. I knew we all needed one. We maybe even needed multiple training sessions after the drink because this was a long day and we all need time to debrief everything. 

A/N: 

Hello hello lovelies! How have you all been? I know it has been a while since I lasted updated but I'm back for this short time since I'm on winter break at this moment. I hope to update this novel with a few more chapters before returning back to school. 

School was so busy and stressful before the break but it's all over.. for now.. yay...! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short chapter with Aidan's perspective and stay tuned for the next chapter, which will be in Zayden's perspective aaaaaand it's an exciting one!! I'm excited to write Chapter 18, it should be a good one :) 

I apologize if this chapter dragged on and was a bit boring but it's just a warm up for me to get back into the writing grind. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday this past weekend and let's end this year on a good note! 

I love you all and your amazing support! Until then, take good care of yourselves!

~Jade xoxo