Chapter 43

Alexandria 

William had his lips locked with mine. His hands were touching my bare skin, sending chills down my exposed back. Sitting atop his lap, he had a view of exactly what he wanted to see. 

"God damn, you're beautiful." He mumbled, wrapped his arms tighter around me, pulling me closer to him. Our lips were tangled together. 

I bit down on his bottom lip then pulled on it a little, letting go then smiling in a flirtatious way. He chuckled and ran his hands down the length of my back. 

"What are you doing there?" I asked curiously with a smirk. 

"Just exploring a work of art." His deep, husky voice whispered. 

"Is that so?" I questioned then pulled him back in for a kiss with a hand wrapped around the back of his neck. I couldn't get enough of him. His pupils were dilated and he would look at me in a way like a mate would only look at his mate. 

His sweet, soft lips were irresistible. Leaning back against the headboard of my bed frame, he kept his hands gripping onto my hips then pulled me up onto his lap again. 

His heart was beating rapidly and his pulse could be heard right where the nape of his neck was. I was growing thirsty for his taste. 

He groaned when I pressed my body against his. His hands couldn't get enough of me. I smirked in satisfaction. Having a mate means to drive them crazy in love. 

Our foreheads were pressed together and we were both breathless. My lips were sensitive to the touch. 

"It's because we were kissing too much, love." He whispered in his deep voice, with his face buried into the side of my neck. Goosebumps rose all over my body. I let out a sharp breath then dug my nails into his shoulders when he drew out his fangs and traced them along the sensitive and tender skin on my neck. 

"Bite me." I said, letting out a breath that seemed almost breathless since his teasing was driving me wild. 

So he did what I demanded. He bit down softly. His hands tightened around my hips and his hold was strong. He was taking in my sweet nectar and it was like paradise. I felt exactly what he did. 

"I can't have all the fun now." He huskily exclaimed, pulling back and letting me see his disheveled hair, his fangs hanging low, and my blood trailing down his chin and covering his lips. 

"I wasn't going to let you have all the fun." I ran my hand through his messy hair and down his neck. I angled his neck to the side for me to get a good glance at his artery. It had been pulsating at such a fast pace that I couldn't help but dive in for a taste without a second to spare. 

I moaned when his blood rushed into my mouth like a burst of fresh air. I leaned against his body and he gripped onto my body tightly. I couldn't get enough and he groaned every time I took a gulp. The pleasure that flowed through my body as his blood blended with mine was indescribable. 

Retracting from his body, I looked at him with a smirk then licked my lips slowly. 

"We should do this more." I stated then let out a laugh when he nodded to my statement. He felt the same way and it was an amazing feeling. 

I rested my head atop his chest and listened to his heart beat while tracing my fingers along his muscles that protruded through his button-up shirt. He laid a kiss on my forehead and rubbed my arm up and down. 

Dozing off with William's arms around me, my bedroom door sounded with loud knocks. I groaned internally and William let out a soft chuckle. 

"Be there in a second!" I exclaimed. I frantically tossed on my shirt that had been discarded on the marble floor when William took it off and threw it across the room. 

Realizing that blood was still stained around our mouths, I clenched my teeth and waved for William to wash up in the bathroom. 

I sprinted from the bathroom to the door within seconds and opened the door to reveal Mia and Hazel standing there with their eyebrows raised. 

"I apologize. Your timing couldn't have been more perfect." I forced a smile onto my face and invited the two of them into my room. Mia was looking around while Hazel stood with her eyebrows still raised and her arms crossed. I rolled my eyes then nudged her arm with mine. 

"Please, make yourself at home, Mia." I offered a smile and gestured towards the sitting area near the windows. She gave me a similar smile and walked over to the couch. 

"Love, I think I should be heading out." William announced when he emerged from the bathroom, all washed up and ready to go. Not a single piece of hair was out of place. 

He walked up to me then placed a kiss on my lips. 

"I'll see you later." I stated when he turned to walk towards the doors. 

Letting out a long sigh, I faced Hazel with my eyes drooped and my back slumped over. 

"This better be good. I was having some quality alone time with my mate and here you are, knocking on my door and now you're just standing here giving me this look." I sighed then walked over to join Mia on the couch. She was close to letting out a laugh. 

"Actually, Alexia, we're here because I suggested that we needed to consult you about Hazel's feelings." Mia spoke up and I raised my eyebrows to Hazel expecting a refutation but she succumbed and slumped down onto the chair opposite from us. 

"It's true, Alexia. What Mia described to me was what she felt when she sees Zayden but now I just want to hear what you have to say when you're in the same room as William and what you feel when he looks at you." 

I straightened up in my seat then flickered my eyes back and forth between the two ladies sitting with me. This was an emergency. Hazel has never brought up the subject of feelings from mates and now she is, so something must've definitely happened. 

 Hazel let out a sigh then leaned her head back until she was staring directly at the ceiling. 

"Maybe if we all search the hallways then he'll come up and I can show you who he is." Hazel mumbled under her breath that I wasn't even sure whether Mia heard her or not. 

"There were two guards so we're not sure which one is THE ONE." Mia emphasized. I nodded slowly. 

"Well then, let's go looking." I declared then stood suddenly, offering a hand to Mia. 

We started by looking in the hallways near the garden where Mia and Hazel met the men but we had no luck. We continued searching for about ten more minutes but nothing screaming 'Hazel's Mate!' came forward. 

The three of us leaned against the wall in a vacant hallway then slid down until we were sitting on the cool, glossy marble floor. 

"Maybe I was hallucinating. Maybe I still haven't actually found my mate and this was just all a silly joke." Hazel whispered, defeated. 

Mia rested her head on Hazel's left shoulder while I rested mine atop Hazel's right shoulder. 

"You weren't hallucinating, Hazel." Mia reassured.