Chapter 52

Zayden 

The stroll back to Mia's room was peaceful and we chatted away from one topic to another. We both purposefully took one slow step at a time to drag out as much time as we could together. 

Finally approaching her door, she turned so she could face me with her back facing the double doors. 

On instinct, I leaned down then planted a kiss on her forehead. 

"Good night, Mia," I stated while pulling away. Almost instantly, she put a hand out and grabbed onto mine. Her cold touch laced around my fingers. The tingling feeling traveled from my fingertips up my arms and straight to my heart. 

"Wait," she exclaimed with her lips slightly open and her breathing growing deeper by the second, "I'm not done yet." Mia's other hand gripped onto the collar of my shirt tightly to pull me closer to her. She took a couple steps back, guiding me with her then yanked me into her room. The door closed behind her. 

Both her hands found their way onto my chest, shoving me against the door with such a force where the air was knocked from my lungs. I stood there frozen on my feet stunned at what the woman in front of me was capable of. 

She proceeded by brushing her chilled fingers along my chest. Goosebumps grew along my arms. The only thing stopping her fingertips from touching bare skin was just the button-up shirt that I wore. Button by button they came undone. Soon I was standing there with my shirt unbuttoned, my hair disheveled, both our breathing heavy. 

"Mia," I paused to look at her facial expressions in the dark room, "are you sure about moving forward like this?" She gave me a nod without hesitation. In the shadows of the moonlight streaming through the windows, she was biting her lip and had a hungry look on her face. 

I let go of her wrists slowly and gently. Wrapping my hands around her hips, I pulled her closer to me. She pushed my shirt to the floor. Her hands grazed over the rigid edges of my chest and abdomen. 

She stood on her tippy toes to lock her lips with mine. I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist, and walked the both of us to her bed. 

When I laid her down on the bed, I took in the image before me. She looked like an angel. Everything looked perfect. I admired her every corner. She was an image of perfection. 

Her chest was rising and falling along with mine. Her blood was pulsing through her veins rapidly and I imagine mine was as well. She sat up to pull me down to rest on top of her. Her legs wrapped around my hips and her hands were placed right above my jaw. Our lips melted together like a never-ending dance. Everything molded in place. Everything felt so perfect. 

My hand worked on slipping off her clothing and I yearned to feel the warmth of her body. She was grew busy on making sure I was wearing nothing as well. 

She leaned her head back onto her bed and at the right angle, the moonlight shined right onto her face and reflected her beautiful eyes. They glittered in the night and all I wanted to do was love this woman. She meant so much to me and to have her with me in this moment... I truly felt blessed. 

Her head rested atop a mountain of pillows. Her legs wrapped tightly around my waist. Her fingernails dug into my skin. My kisses loved every inch of her body. 

When I got to the nape of her neck, her fingers tugged onto my hair. My lips were hovering right over her pulsing artery. My breath brushed against her skin. I looked up into her eyes and they were staring right back at me. She nodded her head at me with certainty. 

My fangs grew down to the thought of having her blood flow down my throat. I could almost taste how sweet the blood must be. 

And so I did. The taste of her blood was divine. It was heavenly. It was everything I could've ever asked for. 

Her body arched and pressed against mine. Her moans filled the room. Her fingers tightly their hold around my hair and tugged. 

My pupils dilated instantly to the taste of her blood. I could drink it for a whole lifetime. This was the only thing I needed. 

Opening my eyes, I pulled back to look at her. She was breathless. Her eyes were locked on mine and staring at me with a hungry look. Mia bit her bottom lip again then gave a small smile with a laugh. 

"Wow Zayden, that felt amazing." She exclaimed with her chest still rising and falling. 

I flipped our bodies so she was straddling me. 

"You can do the same now." I stated. 

"How?" She seemed uncertain with herself, but I helped her. My fangs were still drawn down so I pressed my hand against the sharp point of the canine to pierce my wrist. A stream of blood flowed down. Before a drop could fall onto the bed sheets, her fangs grew to the smell of my blood. Her tongue followed the stream where my blood flowed. 

Her mouth traveled to my neck and she hovered over it for a second before biting down. I let out a groan when she did. 

It was a feeling of euphoria. Her movements became mine. Our movements became each other's. Our heartbeats fell into unison. Everything became one. We were two people sharing one love. 

She pulled back and was breathing heavily. Her eyes looked into mine differently than they did before we mated. She looked deep into my soul and felt everything I could. It felt different and wasn't like anything I have experienced ever before. 

She slid off from on top of me then laid by my side with her head rested upon my chest. A hand pressed against my heart beats. 

"Zayden," she stated with her voice being barely heard in the dark room.

"Yes?" 

"Thank you. I'm not sure how to say it, but this is the best thing I've ever had in my life." 

"What do you mean by that, love?" 

"You. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." 

A/N: Hi beautiful readers! 

Let me start out this author's note by apologizing for my absence and lack of updating since December. Life has been busy. University usually gets hectic this time of year, but thank you so much for understanding and still showing me the constant support. Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU! 

*Just a reminder* Blood King has five chapters left and is coming to an end soon! Which is sad because this is the last book of the trilogy :( I'm sad to see the Sinclair's journey come to an end quite soon, however, I have many ideas on more stories! So stay tuned for the end of this series and the beginning of novels :)) I appreciate all that you do to show your support whether it be comments (which I LOVE reading) or dropping votes on chapters you have finished reading. 

To all old and new readers --- I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I really do enjoy reading your comments and messages because they truly do make my day. I love it whenever you all are so engaged in reading and even interacting among one another. 

With much love... HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! <3

~Jade xoxo