Chapter 50

Hazel 

The room became dimly lit. He was so close to me that it grew difficult to breath right. My body was tingling with tons of emotions all at once. 

"Nick," I whispered his name, "take my blood." It almost came out as a beg, or a plead for him to do something about these feelings that I felt in my body. My body was shaking slightly, from my knees feeling weak, and I knew he noticed that. 

His lips were sealed with mine as he laid me down onto his bed. My legs wrapped around his waist. His hands took off my shirt in one shift movement. I laid in front of him, staring into his eyes as he glanced down my body. 

Biting his bottom lip with a smirk, he whispered 'damn' then unbuttoned his shirt hastily. With my legs still wrapped around his legs, he pulled me up so I was sitting and our chests were pressed close together. His lips refused to let go of mine and I just couldn't get enough of him. 

I felt his pounding heart against mine and for a minute, all was quiet except for our heavy breathing and beating hearts. Our two hearts beat in unison and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever felt with anybody. 

His kisses trailed down to my neck and in reaction, I let out a small moan while leaning my head back. He knew exactly what that did to me, so he continued kissing there before returning to my lips. 

My hands were all over his body; from his shoulders, down to his chest, then to his well-defined abs. My grip tightened around the muscles on his back. I was hungry for more. 

The pulse beating in his neck was screaming to me and I couldn't resist but to draw down my fangs and trace them along his skin, ready to puncture. 

"Baby, nothing is stopping you." He whispered into my ear. Of course nothing was stopping me, so I closed my eyes. 

The taste of his blood was the sweetest and absolute best that I have ever tasted. The smell of it was of sweet nectar and I couldn't get enough of it. My legs tightened around his waist. One of my hands reached up to hold the other side of his neck with the other hand grasped tightly around his shoulder. I clung to him. His blood was addicting and the more I took in, the more united I felt with him. 

When I finally leaned back and wiped my chin of the blood that had dripped down, he had a smile on his face. 

"We're together now, sunshine." He stated before leaning down to my neck and biting down at the same spot where he had kissed me earlier. 

The feeling of his fangs going down onto my skin and him taking in my blood drove me wild. It felt like ecstasy and I was overcome with so many positive feelings that I never knew could be possible to feel all at once. 

His body melted with mine. His grunts gave me satisfaction since he felt exactly what I was feeling. We both felt the same way and excitement rushed through my veins. We would now feel the same and be in unison with one another as mates. 

Mates. That word still seemed bizarre to me. 

He soon pulled away and looked me deep in the eyes. His pupils were very dilated and he was smiling while biting down on his bottom lip. 

"Wow." He whispered, almost breathless. 

Mate. This man in front of me is my mate for eternity. A whole lifetime together with endless memories and laughter. 

I smiled widely and pulled his closer for a hug with my arms wrapped around his neck. 

"We're mates now." I exclaimed giddily. 

"Yes we are, sunshine." He planted a kiss on my forehead and just rested his chin on top of my head and we stayed like that for a comfortable minute. "I'm glad I have someone like you as a mate. I couldn't be anymore grateful."