Chapter 56

Zayden 

I had the office to myself. I stared at the books lining the vaulted ceiling. A single light was on. 

Coronation will be set for tomorrow. Alexia got married two days ago. 

The Sinclair kingdom is going through many changes simultaneously. Every individual has been on their feet, running around, adjusting to the new ways. It would be a new generation ruling this kingdom. 

A knock sounded on the door. I turned to see Alexia peek her head through the window. A smile stretched across my face. My little sister looked flushed and extremely happy.

I wrapped my arms around her. 

"How are you doing, little sis?" I questioned. She was still hugging me, but I could imagine her wearing a wide grin. 

"Amazing!" She pulled back, then walked over to the chairs facing the desk and leaned against the arm rest. 

"So we were thinking on leaving this place for a little bit and going into the city to have some fun. Maybe a change of scenery is something we need before you become completely busy being king." She exclaimed. I leaned against my desk with my arms crossed and eyebrows raised. 

"And by 'we', who does that include exactly?" 

"Oh you know..." she paused and her gaze went quickly to the window before coming back to me, "Everyone, including Mia." She gave a teasing smile. She knew that using Mia's name would get me to go with them. I rolled my eyes then let out a small laugh. 

"Sure, why not." 

She jumped up from where she was leaning and grabbed onto my hand to drag me away from the office. 

I glanced down at her hand. I still wasn't used to her wearing the diamond that rested on her ring finger. It was a huge rock and it sparkled everywhere we went. The lights flickering down the lengths of all the hallways that she dragged me down reflected off the diamond that she wore proudly. 

They all gathered into Hazel's room. Alexia and I were the last ones there. Nick, Hazel, Mia, and William were sitting around the table on the other side of the room waiting for us. 

When we showed up, they stood up with bright smiles. 

"Alright! Who's ready to party!" Nick exclaimed. Hazel nudged him with her elbow. William let out a laugh. 

"Yeah, you know, this married life is really taking a toll on me." He teased. Alexia's jaw dropped to the floor. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. 

"Oh yeah, she's been complaining to me already." I exclaimed. Alexia walked away from me while rolling her eyes then gave William's arm a quick punch. 

Mia walked up to me. She was beyond excited to go back to where she grew up. Her emotions washed off on her and filled me with excitement. Her thoughts were jumbled and she could hardly contain herself from jumping off the walls. I let out a chuckle and placed a kiss on her forehead. 

"You're too adorable." I whispered into her ear. She looked up at me with her wide eyes. 

They were still sparkling the same way when I met her. Nothing about her has changed and that's what I love about her. No matter what she endures, she will still be the same person she has always been. 

Each couple walked down the hallways and it the place with lively chatter. Jokes about each other were expressed every which way. 

Mia and I walked hand-in-hand and with everyone laughing around us, I couldn't help but to sneak a glance in her direction. Her cheeks were flushed and her heart beating rapidly.