Chapter 24

Alexandria 

My shirt dropped onto the cool bathroom marble tiles. I was drained from the day's productivity. Mother had a full agenda for me. 

I turned on the warm water then climbed into the shower when steam began rising from the hot beads of water hitting against the walls of the shower. 

Letting out a sigh, I faced my back to the shower head with my eyes closed. I was exhausted and I hoped that a hot shower would relax some tension in my muscles. 

I opened my eyes but continued relaxing until the most deafening screech sounded and echoed in my mind. I slipped in the shower and it happened so quickly that I couldn't grab onto anything, so my head jolted back and hit the shower floor. 

Flashes filled my vision and I couldn't see anything for a second but I reached my hand up to turn off the shower head. I groaned when the smell of blood filled my nose. It was my blood. A hand reached to the back of my head and when I retreated my hand, there was blood flowing down from my fingers. 

The screeching only intensified then. I crawled out of the shower then laid on the still cool floor. I was shivering but stayed in a fetal position. The towel was too far away, on the shelf. My teeth chattered and goosebumps surfaced on my entire body. 

"Princess!" A faint voice sounded. It felt so far away that I could barely reach out to hear for it. I reached a hand up to the granite counter-top and attempted to pull my heavy body off the floor but failed and collapsed back down onto the tile. 

"I got you, I got you." The man panicked. It was William. Between the screeching in my ears and my blurred vision, I sensed that it was him as soon as his hands came into contact with my body. 

The shaking was getting out of control and I could hardly hold it back anymore. He got to his knees then scooped my body up into his embrace, his hands rubbed up and down in attempt to transfer some heat to me, but he failed. My head was rested gently on top of his bicep. 

"W-William-" I began saying as I was shivering but he shushed me right away by placing an index finger on my lips. 

"Don't speak." A hushed voice that I could barely make out sounded. I nodded then winced. He tilted my head to the side with the soft touch of his hand. I didn't get to see his expression but his heart beat quickened. 

"Let's get you to the bed." He spoke up. He hurried over then laid me down with gentleness and rested my head onto a pillow. 

"William-" I tried stating again but my face scrunched up in response to me trying to speak. I reached out then grabbed onto the sleeve of his shirt. My face remained scrunched for the entire time I was resisting the rogue screeching inside of me. 

I felt the rogue blood going crazy inside me. It was enjoying my pain. It felt as if the more I fought back and resisted against the screeching, the higher the pain levels were. 

My hand released his sleeve then grabbed onto the collar of his shirt. 

"Please. Please, William. I've always had feelings for you since I met you." I managed to say with every desperate breath. 

"Yes, yes, me too, princess." He stands over me with a hand on top of my forehead. 

"So, bite me." I whispered with tears streaming down my cheeks like a river. "Please." I begged with my eyes closely shut. 

"A-are you sure?" He stuttered but did not take a step back, probably because of my hold around his collar. I nodded to his question. I was already winded from speaking a few words.