The Twins...

Chapter Three

I took Scooby everywhere; or at least everywhere I could take him, dressed him up and played catch and tug of war with him. He was my best friend. I was in the third grade when I first met Olivia and Dylan. They were twins. Knowing myself and losing people here and there, I kept my distance. With the teachers always putting us in groups together for projects and assignments, it was hard for us not to became close friends. March 2nd came around and it being march break, the twins and I were playing around outside when my sister called me in for supper; as did Olivia and Dylan's mother. After supper my sister and I decided we would watch Finding Nemo. We fell asleep within minutes of the movie starting.

I remember waking up to see the reflection of red and blue lights flashing outside and as if like a bullet, the memories of Sofia's death came back into play. I ran to the window, waking up my sister, and saw it all. The paramedics were putting a body bag in the ambulance. Olivia and Dylan's mother came outside, tears running down her face as they put the second body bag in the ambulance and drove away. I ran outside to find out what had happened but their mom just hugged me and wept as my sister followed. "They had asked if they could go back out to play with you. I guess that you hadn't answered so they went to play themselves. I tried calling for them but they wouldn't answer. As I ran outside, that's when I saw Olivia laying in the grass, I thought she fell asleep. Oddly, I didn't see Dylan anywhere. As I got closer to Olivia, I noticed right away that she wasn't breathing. Out of terror, I ran as fast as I could inside to call 911." She continued to cry until a tall policeman walked up to us, I remember thinking he looked so much like my father. He asked Amber if that was their mother, she nodded. The policeman continued: "What we believe may have happened was the boy-" "Dylan" the mother said as she cut him off. "Yes, dylan was playing by the water with-" "Olivia" their mother said again as he was cut off again. "Olivia and Dylan were playing and as you called them in, Dylan must have slipped into the river and hit his head, so Olivia must have ran to go get help and tripped over the bee hive laying in the grass and was attacked" The mother let out a devastating cry. The policeman man hugged her as he said "I'm very sorry for your loss ma'am.