Jeremy...

Chapter Eleven...

Jeremy and I continued thanking people for coming when we heard this horrible screech; we didn't think anything of it because we thought it was just some idiot realizing a stop sign or red light and slamming his brakes, so we just ignored it and continued.
"Someone...call 911!" screamed an elderly woman.

"Why? What's wrong?" asked Jeremy.

"A young woman was just stuck by a city bus" she replied.

Jeremy immediately called 911 as we ran outside; and there she was; Morgan, she looked like a bloody rag doll, she was so mangled; we thought she was dead; but then I noticed her chest moving, I immediately ran up to her and realized her neck was broken and she was slowly drowning in her own blood; I began CPR and mouth to mouth waiting for the paramedics; by the time they got there and rushed to the hospital, I had her blood dripping down my throat; I looked like a zombie; or better yet a vampire; all I could taste was iron. When we went to visit her in the hospital the next day she was unresponsive, she lasted three days; until she was pronounced dead. The doctor pulled me a side and told me that if I wasn't brave and started CPR; she would have never survived three extra days; according to witnesses; she was crossing the street and texting at the same time.