Alice & Maria...

Chapter Six

It was a video of Alice and her mystery guy; having sex in one of the rooms at the party. She got so pale, I thought she was going to bd sick right there. She went home early the rest of the day and called in sick the following day. After school the next day, we decided to go to my house to do homework, we kept texting Alice to come over but she wouldn't reply, we gave up after awhile, we figured she wanted her space and she just wasn't ready. I wish that was the reason we never got an answer; the phone rang and my sister answered. She ran up the stairs as fast as she could; "Brooke, it's for you" she said in a fragile voice.  I took the phone and listened to the person on the other side, hoping it was Alice. It was Alice’s mother; balling her eyes out, I could barely understand her, saying how she came home looking for Alice to go to McDonalds because Alice wasn’t answering her cell, but when she got home, she found her cell on her bed with the video on repeat. After five minutes of watching her daughter having sex, she looked all over the house and couldn’t find Alice. I started to tell her that I didn't know where Alice was but she cut me off. She started saying she couldn't find her until she looked in Alice’s closet. She began to cry even louder, she was just; hanging there, she called 911 and they drove Alice to the hospital, but they pronounced her dead. We all just sat there; crying and hugging, we could have stopped her; but we weren’t there for her when she needed us most and she took her own life.

About two months after her funeral, we were hanging out at school, we tried so hard to focus; to get used to her not being there, and we didn't always succeed. Maria; out of no where, started to cry and ran to thr bathroom, we thought maybe it was because of Alice; until I looked beyond Alexis, she followed my gaze. It was Maria’s boyfriend sitting there; with his tongue down some girl's throat and his hands up her shirt, that must have pushed her over; cause she let him have it when she came back, over text; she ripped him a new ass whole and she broke up with his ass, we were so proud of her. That same day she got the news she was moving. So as all friends do we helped her pack up her stuff, a week later was when we lost her. We told her to wait but she didn’t have much patience; she was bring down a box from her room; she missed a step and fell down the stairs. There was so much blood, and it reminded me of Sofia, we called 911 and got her to the hospital; but we were too late; the doctor pronounced her dead; said she broke her neck on impact and died instantly, the doctor made it very clear to us that Maria felt nothing. We were kind of happy she didn’t suffer to be honest, but sad that we lost her. The principle of our school suggested Alexis and I take a couple weeks off of school so we could cope with our loses; and Alexis’s parents and my sister agreed, so we took three weeks off; we  would visit each other, our boyfriends would visit us; but I still felt three weeks wasn’t enough; for the both of us, we would see red heads or blonds and we would just lose it, we would hear something fall or see a rope; we just fall to our knees; mostly Alexis since I had the feeling of lose and loneliness running threw my veins the minute I started pre k, by now; I was sadly use to it, and I shed less tears then Alexis.