The End Is Only The Beginning- Shawson

AN: This is set after the season 2 cliffhanger. Except no one died. Shay is alive and well! Enjoy! 😘

Dawson POV:

So many different things could of happened in that fire. I could of lost my best friend, Shay. If I did I don't know what I'd do. I've been meaning to tell her something and after almost losing her I know I need to do it soon. I love her.

"Morning Gabby!" Shay says cheerfully walking into the kitchen.

"Hey! Your back!" I shout as I run up and give her a big hug.

"Yep! Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

"Okay, whatever you say."

"Gabby, I'm serious. You don't need to worry about me. Especially like how you did when we got hit by that truck."

"But Shay..."

"No buts!"

"Fine."

"Good. Now what did I miss why I was out?"

Everything. So much happened. Casey decided he didn't love me (another reason I want to tell her.) Hm what else? Oh ya, maybe the fact that I need to tell her soon.

"Um, not much. But Shay I really need to talk to you, alone." I say glancing around the kitchen.

"Alright. Wanna go get some Starbucks and talk?"

"Sounds great!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are sitting in the ambulance drinking our coffee. Shay got her usual Vente Pumpkin Spice Latte, while I got my typical Vente Double Non Fat Latte with an extra shot.

"So, Gabby, what did you need to talk to me about?"

"Oh, um..." I stammer trying to get the words out of my mouth.

"Gabby, don't be scared. Whatever it is just tell me. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

"Ok, Shay I lo..." I start before a call comes in interrupting me.

"Can it wait till after the call?"

"Yep, no problem."

As we're driving to the scene my mind starts drifting to my fantasy land. It's Shay and I, with kids. My perfect fantasy life. I love Shay, I just hope she loves me back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what were you going to say?" Shay asks as we're heading back to 51.

"Shay, I... I love..." I say before yet another call comes in. Of course, I barely got another syllable out.

"Hold that thought!" She says as we turn around and start racing to the scene.

When we get there I notice music coming from a bedroom.

"Shay?"

"Yeah I just thinking the same thing, let's go."

We open the door and I immediately notice a young girl laying on the floor unconscious. I also notice the song. It just so happens to be "How You Get The Girl" by Taylor Swift.

"Stand there like a ghost
Shaking from the rain, rain
She'll open up the door
and say 'are you  insane-ane?'
Say it's been a long six months
And you were to afraid
To tell her what you want, want
And that's how it works
That's how you get the girl."

Of course those lyrics had to play. They are so true. I've been struggling with this for about 6 months, and I've been so afraid of what she'll say back.

"Alright Gabby, let's bring her to MED!" Shay shouts shaking me from my day dreams.

Once we are on our way back Shay looks at me with a curious look.

"Alright, how about you tell me before we get another call."

"Shay, I... I love you!"

"What... Wait..."

"Not as a friend. Shay I really love you."

"Oh Gabby! I love you to!"

Finally. I can feel my fantasy coming true. I love Shay.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: Another update? Yep, trying to make up for tomorrow. I'm really busy so I'm going to try and update all of my stories tonight!! Hope you all enjoyed this one shot, and let me know if you have any suggestions! Also if you want me to continue this one let me know! I love all suggestions and will write anything! Also, as you guessed, I do not own Starbucks or any of Taylor Swift's music! Sorry I felt the need to include those lyrics, I may or may not be listening to her 1989 album on repeat right now...

 I'm really busy so I'm going to try and update all of my stories tonight!! Hope you all enjoyed this one shot, and let me know if you have any suggestions! Also if you want me to continue this one let me know! I love all suggestions and will writ...

Sorry, I felt the need to add those

Sorry, I felt the need to add those. 😜