A Wonderful Night Turned Deadly- Brettonio

Antonio POV:

Tonight was the night. Sylvie and I are going on our first date since we broke up. I never wanted to break up, but I thought it would be best. It absolutely wasn't. I love Sylvie and I'll never stop loving her.

"Hey Sylvie!" I say as she climbs in my car after I pick her up at 51.

"Hey, how was your day?"

"Good, how about you?"

"Long. So many calls, but Gabby and I went out for ice cream during our only break. So that was fun."

"That sounds like Gabby. Always angling for ice cream, even in the dead of winter."

"Yep. Hey, so where are we going tonight?"

"It's a surprise."

"Aw come on! You know I hate surprises!"

"I know, that's why I'm doing it."

I'm bringing her to the new Japanese restaurant that we have always wanted to try. I know she's going to be thrilled. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh! Antonio! You didn't have to do this! This restaurant is so expensive!"

"Actually I did have to do it, for you. And don't worry about the cost. I don't want you to worry about anything."

"Thank you. I love you!"

"I love you to!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This food looks incredible. I got this very elaborate sushi boat thing, while Sylvie got chicken tenders and fries.

"Sylvie, should I ask why you only got that? And it was off of the kid's menu!"

"Hey! Well first of all it's really good. Second of all, I'm allergic to shellfish."

"Wait, you are? Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's not very relevant. I mean how often do you encounter shellfish in non shellfish dishes?"

"Well, okay, never."

Brett POV:

This night is going great. Nothing could ruin it. Nothing at all. Everything is perfect, and I couldn't wish for anything else.

"Ready?" Antonio asks as he hands the waitress a tip.

"Yep. Thank you again. For everything."

"No problem." He says as he leans in and gives me a quick kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm itchy. That's all that is running through my brain. This can't be good. I glance down at my arm and see red splotches covering it. Hives. I'm having an allergic reaction.

"Antonio!!!" I shout as I feel my trachea swelling shut.

"What? Sylvie I'm goin.... What the heck?! Sylvie what's happening?"

I can't talk. Almost my whole trachea is blocked off now. I point at my throat and my arms. I can see it click in his head. He runs to the cabinet and searches through it. He runs back with an Epi-Pen in his hand. He quickly takes the cap off and inserts it into my leg.

My trachea starts to open up again. I can breathe. Antonio grabs the phone and calls 911. I lie down on the floor and try and calm myself down. I was so close to dying. If Antonio hadn't administered the Epi-Pen when he did I would be dead. I will eternally be grateful to him.

"It's alright. You're okay." Antonio says brushing the hair out of my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But, I didn't have any shellfish. What caused the allergic reaction?"

"Well, we contacted the restaurant and they told us that they fry their chicken tenders and fries in the same oil as shellfish. So, even though you didn't actually eat it, you still consumed shellfish." Dr. Choi explains.

"Oh. Okay."

"So, I recommend if you go to a restaurant that serves shellfish either ask or don't get anything that is fried."

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. But you should be thanking Detective Dawson, he's the one who saved your life."

I glance at Antonio and smile. He leans forward and gives me a quick kiss. Thank goodness Antonio was with me. I love him for that, and so much more.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed that update! I actually wrote most of this from a personal experience. I didn't have a severe reaction like Sylvie did, but I did have a minor reaction. And from chicken tenders and fries. 😂 My throat didn't swell, but I did get some hives. But I didn't need an Epi-Pen and I didn't have to go to the hospital. Hope you guys have a great day/night! 😘