OC- request

Requested by @soniark

3rd person POV:

Indiana Gomez walks into the local coffee shop she works at and pulls her apron on over her red T-shirt. She tries her best to focus on her work but she can't, her head is full of thoughts circling through her mind.

Yesterday she got an offer that would change her life forever.

Flashback to yesterday:

As Indiana is rushing around filling coffee orders to impatient and cranky customers she hears the bell go if indicating someone came in. She looks up and nearly drops the latte she was working on. It was none other than Hank Voight and Trudy Platt standing there at the door.

"Hi Indiana, I don't know if you remember me but I'm Hank Voight. I was friends with your dad." Hank says as they approach the counter.

"I... I remember. How could I forget? My dad always talked highly of you." Indiana says as she hands a customer their newly made latte.

"Well I'm glad to hear that. Can we speak to you somewhere a little quieter?" Hank asks glancing around the noisy coffee shop.

"Of course, let me finish up this order then I'll met you outside?" Indiana asks hurrying around crafting a cappuccino.

Once she handed the customer their cappuccino she hurries outside to see Hank and Trudy sitting at a table quietly wispering. Indiana immediately grows nervous seeing Hank's worried face.

"What's going on?" Indiana asks as she sits down at the table.

"We need your help Indiana. We need you to work undercover for us. We can't say much here, but will be able to tell you everything if you'd come to the district with us..." Hank says trailing of at the end seeing how Indiana would react.

"Of course! I'll do anything to help you guys. You helped my family so much after my dad died."

"Alright great, meet us tomorrow morning?" Hank asks already standing up from the table.

Indiana nods her head quickly before the group said goodbye and retreated in different directions.

Back to the present:

That morning Hank had explained to Indiana that a possible killer was a regular at her coffee shop and asked if Indiana could report back on whatever the man did that may be suspicious. After work that day she'd be going into the district again to report what she found.

While there she had meet all of Hank's detectives and if she was taken aback would be an understatement. They were so carefree, joking about anything, and playing basketball in their office. It wasn't anything what Indiana expected. At her old district it was all serious work, no tolerance for silliness. But here she would really truly enjoy herself at work, well that is if she worked there.

Indiana used to be a detective, a great one at that. However, her old sergeant didn't respect her due to an issue he had with her father. So, Indiana was fired. Unfortunately for her her old sergeant spread lies which took away her chance of ever getting another job as a detective. So, that's how Indiana ended up making coffee for a living.

At the end of the day Indiana headed over to District 21, and Trudy immediately buzzed her up with a kind, encouraging smile. Indiana quickly climbed up the stairs leading to Intelligence only to find an argument boiling between the detectives.

"Kev, you are the only single guy here therefore it's your job to get us Lou Malnati's for dinner!" Jay said barely looking up from the paperwork on his desk.