OC- request

Requested by: @supernaturalgirl1936

Voight POV:

"Zoe! Hurry up! James will be here in 10 minutes!" I shout up to my 17 year old daughter.

Today is the day I lose her. It's her first date with this guy. Then it's going to be their second date. Then their wedding, and then I'm going to be a grandfather. Oh gosh.

I quickly pull out my phone and pull up my message thread with Al.

Me- Al, get the team together. We have a case.

Al- what's the case?

Me- Spying on Zoe's date.

Al- Hank, you need to trust her to make the right decisions

Me- I do! I just don't trust him...

Al- Whatever. Where's their date?

Me- Lou Malnati's.

Al- Can we get pizza?- Ruzek

Me- absolutely not we are on a case

Al- ugh- Ruzek

I roll my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket as Zoe comes down the stairs. I'm taken aback at how beautiful she is right now. She's in a simple floral sun dress, a jean jacket, and a pair of sandals that were Camille's.

"You look beautiful." I say as I wrap my arm around her shoulders.

"Dad! Stop it, I've worn this outfit a million times before. Just, don't be weird when James gets here, okay?"

"I have no idea what you mean by weird."

At that very moment I hear the door ring. I'm about to open the door when Zoe pushes me away. She motions for me to leave before swinging the door open and smiling.

"Bye dad!" She calls before shutting the door.

Only thing she doesn't know is that I'll be with her this whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How much longer?" Ruzek whines for the millionth time.

"Just shut up will ya? This is important."

"To you, maybe. How about I go inside and pose as a customer so I can get a closer look."

"You just want pizza."

"Yes, but I also want to help you!"

"Ruzek, no. Just sit still and be quiet."

He makes a pouting face but eventually sits still. Why did I have to be stuck with him?

Al POV:

Why is Hank making us do this? I understand that he's worried about his daughter but why does he need all of us. We were just making progress on a really important case.

"Al? Why exactly are we doing this again?"

"Hank wants to make sure that nothing happens to Zoe."

"Did he do this with Erin?"

"No, we are not talking about that. That's a long conversation for a whole other day."

"So he did do it?"

"I'm not answering that."

"Oh my gosh. Hank was spying on our first date?!"

"I said I'm not answering that kid."

"Oh my gosh Hank spied on our first date."

"You already said that Halstead."

"Oh my gosh Hank spied on our first date."

I'm not even going to bother with Halstead any longer. This is not a conversation I should be having with him.

Zoe POV:

I love James. He's perfect. He's everything I could ever want. But something is off. I don't know what, I can just tell that something is about to happen. It better not be my dad.

Hank POV:

This is it we're about to catch him red-handed. James reaches his hand across the table and grabs her hand. That was the last straw.

"That's it! Get him!" I shout to my team.

"Sarg, they were just holding hands..."

"And? He's violating her personal space!"

"Look, Voight, don't take this the wrong way but maybe we should pull back? Work on the other case?"

"Yeah Upton shut up. This is important."

Upton throws her hands up into the air and walks away. Why don't they understand how important this is?

"Hank, how about we talk to Zoe afterwards? You know she'd tell you if anything bad happened."

"Yeah, but then we couldn't catch him! We need to catch him in the act! Come on they're holding hands again!" I say as I open up the window.

"Hank! Stop it. Zoe is fine. I'll stay here and keep an eye on her. Alright?" Al suggests.

"No! He needs to learn his lesson!" I say as I start descending from the window.

Al POV:

When will Hank ever learn that he needs to stop spying on his daughter's dates?

Voight POV:

"I've got you now buddy! No one invades my daughter's personal space!" I say as I run up to their table.

"Dad! Stop! We were holding hands oh my gosh!"

James looks between me and Zoe, shakes his head, and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad why did you do that?" Zoe asks once we get home.

"I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"As much as I appreciate that, it doesn't mean you can spy on my date. Dad, I'm going to college next year you can't always be there to protect me. I need to learn how to protect myself. I love you and that will never change, but I need my space. I'm not your scared little girl holding onto your leg before kindergarten anymore."

"Honey, you will always be my little girl. I'm sorry, I overreacted. I promise I won't do it again, okay?"

"Alright. Just, Dad? One more question why did you come down through the window and not through the door?"

"Oh, well, I don't know to be completely honest. I guess I thought it'd be easier? I'm sorry, I got caught up in the moment." I say as I give her a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"It's Alright. I love you." She says as she curls up into my side.

I smile as I lean my head on top of hers. I notice that she fell asleep on my shoulder and soon enough I feel my own eyes closing. At least I can protect her right here. I never want her to leave my side.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! I had a lot of fun writing this one! I'll be finishing up all my pending requests soon so if you're still waiting on one I'm really sorry. I'd stay and rant in this author's note but I'm actually in my math class right now... anyway have a great day/night! 😘