Thanksgiving- One Chicago

Gabby POV:

Why did I ever agree to this? I some how got talked into cooking Thanksgiving dinner for everyone from 51, Intelligence (including Platt, thanks Mouch.), Med, and the state's attorney's office.

"Hey, Gabby, how's it going?" Matt calls from the couch where he's currently watching the parade on television.

"Fine, I guess. Why are you watching that, I mean it's meant for kids, right?"

"No way! I used to always watch it as a kid snuggled up on the couch with my family. And well, I just like reliving the memories. But I do really enjoy the performances and stuff."

"Oh, I haven't watched it since I was a senior in high school. I guess I should probably start watching it again."

"Totally! Hey, do you want any help on dinner?"

"Actually, could you take what's in the oven out, and start making the cranberry sauce?"

"Sure, no problem! By the way, not to stress you out, but they're all gonna be here in an hour."

"WHAT?! I NEED TO GET READY! FINISH THIS!" I shout running up to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cruz is in the hoouuse!!!!" I hear Cruz shout a few minutes later.

I rush down, all ready, to see Otis, Cruz, and Brett at our door.

"Hey Sylvie!" I say giving her a quick hug.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Slightly stressed out but all good."

Just as she is about to respond the rest of 51 shows up. I welcome all of them before I try and make my way back to the kitchen. Just as I put my apron back on all of Intelligence arrives, along with the state's attorney's office.

"Hey Gabby, do you want some help?" I hear Anna ask.

"That would be great! Thank you so much!"

"No problem, that's what friends are for."

As we're working everyone else files into the living room and watch the football game on T.V. About 5 minutes later I hear the door bell ring again. I quickly answer it and see all of Med waiting there.

"Woah! Did you guys all carpool or something?"

"Haha nope, just happened to arrive at the same time I guess!" Nat says while walking in with Will's arm around her shoulders.

Once they are all in the living room I get back to work. All I have left is the stuffing. Hopefully I manage to not mess this up so I can go sit down and cuddle with Matt.

"Hey Dawson! You want my help?" I hear Cruz shout from the living room.

"CRUZ NOO!!!!!" Everyone shouts at the same time.

I end up laughing as I finish my stuffing. When I'm finally finished I walk into the living room and sit down on Matt's lap. He gives me a quick kiss on my forehead, and strokes my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you all for coming, it means a lot. We've all been through a lot this year, so I'm all glad that we are all here in one piece. And yes Dr. Charles, Mouch, and Matt I'm talking to you. I am truly thankful for all of you guys!"

"Hold on a second. I think we are all forgetting that I was also stuck in that fire!" Kelly shouts.

"Severide, sorry, but you weren't in mortal danger like those I mentioned."

Everyone laughs but then I hear a knock at the door. I slowly get up and open the door. When I do I see none other then Erin Lindsay standing there.

"Erin!" I say as I give her a big hug.

"Hey! Jay mentioned he was spending Thanksgiving here, I hope it's okay that I came."

"Erin, you will always be welcomed here. Hey Jay, someone is here to see you!" I shout.

Jay comes towards the door but as soon as he sees Erin he runs up and gives her a huge hug.

When we all sit down again Natalie stands up.

"I would just like to say how grateful I am for all of you guys. I don't think I would have gotten through these past few years if it wasn't for all of you!"

Everyone takes turns saying what they're thankful for, until it is Kelly's turn.

"I am grateful for all of you guys. You have been with me for a long time, and I can't explain how much that means. I hate to bring this up, but after we lost Shay I wouldn't leave those stupid woods until Matt came and found me. And Gabby, first of all even though you hated me at first you still cared about me because of Shay, just to make her happy. And you kind of slaved away at that kitchen for such a long time. So everyone thank you for being the best friends anyone could ask for."

I get up and give him a big hug as I notice tears sliding down my face at the mention of my best friend. But I quickly replace them with a smile as I look at all of my new friends.

"Um, Will and I would like to make an announcement." Nat says, "We are officially dating."

Everyone congratulates them and I give them each a huge hug. I glance at Matt and he nods.

"If we're sharing news then Matt and I fit that category. I'm pregnant!"

Everyone cheers and congratulates us. As I look around I notice everyone smiling. Including the picture of Shay on our counter watching over us.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving (if you live in the U.S.) I hade this idea and it just kind of  wrote itself. I really enjoyed writing this much, so I'm going to try and make the rest of mine longer. Also I realize that the picture for this update is only from Chicago Med, but I felt like including it! Hope you all enjoyed! Have a great day/night! 😘