Exhausted- Chexton (request)

April POV:

"Hey April! Can we talk?" Ethan asks as I walk into the ED.

"Yeah, sure, just give me a second."

I put my stuff away before meeting Ethan in the doctor's lounge.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you were free tonight. Because I have a great restaurant that I want to take you to."

"I'd love to! Can I just see how my shift is? I've been getting tired lately after shift."

"Yeah of course. If you're to tired we can do it another time."

"Thanks Ethan, you're the best."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a long day. One trauma after the other. I know everyone is exhausted. Even Maggie is exhausted. And she never gets tired, ever.

But I'm so tired that I could fall asleep standing up. I don't think I've ever been this tired, but I can't let this ruin the night that Ethan planned.

I see him running up to another trauma and I can see the bags under his eyes. I guess I'm not the only one exhausted today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey April! You up for dinner tonight?" Ethan asks once our shift ends.

"Yeah totally, just get me go grab my stuff."

"Alright, I'll be right here when your done."

Ethan POV:

April looks exhausted. I know she says that she is fine but I don't believe her.

"Hey, you ready Ethan?" She asks.

"Yeah! And are you sure that you're alright? Because you look exhausted."

"Well to be honest I'm tired, but it was just a long day. I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It hasn't even been 3 minutes into our 20 minute drive and April is already sound asleep. I try calling her name, but she won't budge.

If I can't wake her up when she has just fallen asleep how will I wake her up when she's out cold? I turn my car around and drive towards my apartment.

When I get there I carefully pick April out of the passenger seat and carry her into my bedroom. I put her down on my bed and lie down next to her. I run my fingers through her hair and feel her curl up next to me.

"Ethan...?" I hear her ask.

"Hey, it's alright."

"Where... Where are we?"

"I brought you to my place. I thought you'd be to tired for dinner. But if you're hungry I can order pizza."

"Pizza sounds great, and thank you Ethan. You're the best."

"No April, you're the best. I'll be right back." I say as I slowly climb out of bed so I can order the pizza.

When I come back in I notice April fast asleep, once again. I'm glad that she's here with me right now. She is my everything. She is my world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the doorbell rings April wakes up suddenly.

"Hey it's alright, it's just the pizza. Go back to sleep. I'll heat it up when you're ready to eat."

"Wait, Ethan. Can... Can I eat it now? I want to eat with you."

"Of course you can."

April POV:

I'm so glad that Ethan brought me back to his apartment. I definitely wouldn't of made it through dinner. He always knows exactly what I need. Even though we may argue sometimes I still love him with all my heart.

I've never loved anyone as much as I love him.

He is everything I've ever wanted.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: This was requested by @klainelover101 thanks for the request! I have to admit that before writing this I didn't ship them, but halfway through this, I admitted to myself that I do. So thanks for making me realize and appreciate this couple! Again thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day/ night! 😘

 So thanks for making me realize and appreciate this couple! Again thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day/ night! 😘