4 : Odd And Questions

"Some stay the same, others change."

  Beth, Morty and Summer started to notice how Rick's been acting towards the whole month. Ever since Rick met you, he started acting way strange. Each morning, Rick would wake everyone up by clanking the wooden spoon with a frying pan enthusiastically.

"Wakey! Wakey, motherfuckers! I made breakfast!"

  Also, Rick's been really sweet to Beth, sometimes he would give compliment to her day. Beth thought it was just his dad being lovable, Morty and Summer tho, on the other hand, don't think this is normal.

Rick's been dragging Morty for a mission more often than usual, which gives him the hard time to sleep anyway. Sometimes he would fall asleep when he's inside the ship with Rick and (Y/n). He was getting tired of Rick's new attitude this days. Sure, its great but it's weird.

"Mo-Morty! Lets go! (Y/n)'s coming with us today!" He exclaimed, shaking Morty all awake.

  Sometimes, Summer would spot Rick inventing lots of guns than before with (Y/n) helping him. She was starting to think this was a great opportunity for Rick to finally love someone unfortunately, Morty didn't think the same. Fo he thought (Y/n) was another dangerous person that might hurt Rick or even worse, his family.

"Finally, some rest." Morty yawned as he went inside his room, letting his body fall down om his bed.

  Morty just came back home after a very long trip with - you guess it - Rick and (Y/n). They have been chased by a big angry mob just because they stole another important item. He's finally glad that he manage to survive and be home safely in one piece.

"Hello Morty dear!!" Suddenly the door slammed, revealing (Y/n) with a grin.

"Ahhh! Wha-What are you doing in my room!?" Morty panicked, covering himself with his blanket to protect him.

  You laughed at his action and jump on his bed, bouncing a bit before positioning yourself into a sit.

"Just saying "hi" to my favorite Morty! What a nice room you got here." You looked around his room.

"You already said that back when we were chased by those angry mobs, (Y/n)." Morty groaned, relaxing a bit.

"Hehe yeah, but I wanna talk with you! You know, getting to know each other! Why don't we play Q and A? Thats a safe game, you like safe games anyway." You shrug it off.

"No explosion or knife throwing?" Morty eyed at you suspiciously.

"Kind of boring but nope! No knives or bombs or etc. Just using our mouths to express words." You laughed, patting his back in a reassuring way.

Morty let out a sigh of relief, glad that he's not going to go through another obstacle of God knows what. Infact this could be a perfect chance to know your intentions but he have to be careful.

"So," He started "Uhhh, what do you think about Rick?" He asked, fidgeting his pillow.

"Hmmm," you scratch your chin, looking up as your trying to gather some thoughts together at once. "He's the first great friend that I ever encounter also you as well." You laughed.

"First? Wait, how long are you in that asylum anyway?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

"Well, I remembered I got trapped in there ever since I'm twelve. Hmmm, about 11 years I guess." You shrug it off,like it wasn't a big deal.

"11 years? Oh geez, what?" Morty blinked. "Don't you have any family to go back to?" He asked, feeling a bit pity towards you.

"Family?" You tilt your head at him confused. "Does parents count as one? Well, I don't think I have a family right at the moment, I'm all by myself!" You proudly said.

"Aren't you even feeling a bit lonely? Or something? Not having a family or even friends?" Morty looked at you, feeling bad for himself when he remembered he judged you at the first impression.

"Lonely? I never know how does it feels. To be honest, I don't even feel any what you called sad feelings. Wait, is that right? Meh." You chuckled.

This made Morty feel so sad just seeing you like this. Clueless of the feelings of sadnes or even love. She's been locked in that asylum ever since twelve, doesn't even raised well to even know the word love or care. She maybe smart, strong and probably crazily dangerous but she was lost without even knowing she was. Her entire life has been played by cruelty.

"Hey, Morty!~" Suddenly he snapped back into reality and realized he was in a long train of thoughts.

"O-Oh! Sorry, (Y/n). I'm ju-just guilty of how I ju-judged you from the start." Morty apologized, looking down.

"Sorry? What? Ok, I don't understand you." You tilt your head at him, puffing your cheeks.

"Well, I fe-feel like you do-dont deserve to be mi-misjudged because your just a ta-talented person but was left by people who sho-should be there for you. I mean being locked in an asylum in the age of twelve is something tha-that everyone don't really deserved." Morty explained.

  An unknown feeling shot through your chest, making you feel . . . weird. You don't know what this feeling was but dismissed it immediately, thinking it was just some unknown ache and moved on.

"Awww! Why thank you Morty but don't worry! Being locked in that asylum doesn't really affect me that much! You don't have to feel uhh whats the word again? Guilty? Yeah. What happens, happen." You smiled, Morty could feel like your not lying.

"Oh uhh o-ok. Wait, do-dont you have any question you wan-wanna ask?" Morty asked, getting  a bit curious.

"Oh right!" You snapped your fingers. "Hmmm . . . how do you fix a secretly depressed person? Since I'm not familiar with all this odd feelings anyway."

"Oh, to be ho-honest, I'm not quite sure, all I kno-know is I guess always be there for the-them? Dont give up and . . . thats all I know." Morty explained.

"Oh good! I'm doing the right thing!" You sighed in relief. "I just started to notice how your grandpa is trying to hide his self-hatred to himself, it's quite entertaining to see my victims being suicidal but you and Rick are quite special so I can't let that happen to our dear friend Rick." You said.

"Wow, Rick is right. Your a good observer." Morty said, amazed to hear how smart you are even tho your acting like your not a smart one.

"Well, our Rick hate himself so all I'm gonna do is be there for him! This will be fun!" You giggled.

  Morty slowly formed his lips into a genuine smile, staring at your figure. Maybe your not hat much of a bad person. Sure you have a sadistic side but it's not always your bad all the time. He guess Summer is right. This is good for Rick.

"Well, I better go! Thanks Morty! Now I know your a socially awkward little kid that I admired. I know psychology anyway." You commented before leaving him alone in his room.

"I'm not a socially aw -- oh nevermind." Morty tried to explain but stopped as he let out a sigh.

"Atleast she's not that bad after all . . ."