Chapter 1: Welcome to my life

Emma's pov

"And we never be royals, royals..." buzzed the alarm. I slam my fist on the alarm and turn it off. "Urgh...... not again." I complain. I get off the bed and quickly put it in order.  Afterwards, I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then, I shower quickly and dress in a MTV t-shirt and baggy blue jeans with my faded sandals. This is what I call normal style. I love fashion but the problem is that, I barely have enough money to buy the latest clothes. A pair of skinny jeans in an average shop costs $35. That's too expensive!! I can use that money to do a lot of things that are more important! If I ever have that much money, I would spend it extravagantly on clothes. I hope to become a fashion designer or personal assistant someday. It's not like I don't have the degree. BTW, I have it. I applied to a lot of companies. However, I never got a reply back.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my tummy growl loudly. Damn! I sound like a growing teenager (they eat a lot especially the boys). I search my fridge and find a granola bar. My fridge is empty!!! I haven't had time to do the grocery because I have been taking a lot of extra shifts at the cafe lately. I need as much money as I can get because a lot of bills have been coming in lately. I don't want to move back to my parents. They are really nice people. It's just that I don't want to make them spend more money on me. I know how hard they worked, just so I could get a degree. I don't want to be a burden to them. Eventhough they claim I am not to them.

I quickly wolf down the granola bar. I check the time and see that it's high time I leave my apartment. I grab my worn out leather bag and my dead beat Motorola phone. I seriously need a new phone. I got the phone on my 16th birthday. It was one of the latest phone that time. I was really proud of myself and of the phone. I become really ashame when I have to use the phone in public. I hope to get a new one soon. I lock the door and head out to the cafe. It's a few blocks from my apartment building. It's my means of doing exercise.

I arrive five minutes earlier and hurriedly go to the locker room to change to the uniform. The uniform consists of a t-shirt with the cafe's logo and a cap. Lastly, we have to always wear name tags which I find unnecessary. I change into the uniform and put my hair in a quick ponytail. I lock my locker and proceed to the staff quarter's afterwards. "Sup, chica? " asks Lana. Lana and I have been friends since the first day I started working here. "I can't wait for the end of the month to cash my salary. Besides that I am dying of hunger right now." I state. "Come, let's go to the kitchen. Maybe I would be able to sneak a muffin and cacao for you." she offers generously. "You are such a darling!" I praise her and engage her in a mini hug.

We go to the kitchen and Xavier offers us two muffins and two plastic cups filled with creamy hot chocolate. Xavier always gives us food because he's in love with Lana. He's trying to bribe me in order to convince Lana to love him. However, Lana is in love with a guy that works in Starbucks. It's a complicated love triangle. We quickly eat the food and go the main cafe. The cafe has just opened. Lana works at the counter while I am one of the waiters. I go to a corner and wait until a customer arrives.

A man with a powerful looking aura enters the cafe. This is very rare. We hardly have people like this visit here. He looks like a businessman. His face looks familiar. However, I can't remember where I have seen it. I walk over to him and he places his order in a very commanding tone. I take his order to the kitchen and return two minutes later with it. He seems pleased with it. I leave him so  he can eat in peace. The cafe still looks pretty empty. Most of our customers usually come at noon and lunchtime. I look over to the man and see that he's on the phone talking to someone. He looks furious and it seems like he's trying to control himself not to scream at the caller.

I look at the other direction when he ends the call. I don't want to seem like a spy monitoring him. He calls me for the receipt and I hand it over to him. He brings money from his expensive wallet and gives to me. It's the exact amount! No tip!!! He stands up and leaves the cafe. I am about to clear the booth he sat in, when I notice that he forgot his wallet. I pick it up and quickly run out of the cafe. I find him in the car park about to enter his beautiful and expensive car. "Excuse me, sir! You forgot your wallet." I say. "Oh my God! Really?" he exclaims. "Yes, here it is" I hand it over to him. "Thank you very much!" he answers. He takes it and quickly checks the things whether they are intact. I turn around and walk back to the cafe. I am a bit disappointed that he still didn't offer me a tip.

        Mr Alex Taylor's pov

Immediately I woke up this morning, I just felt like doing something different from my normal schedule. I don't know how but I ended up in a tiney miney cafe. It wasn't that bad. The only thing that destroyed my mood was the phone call from the Spy I sent to monitor Ian. Ian had fired his personal assistant again!!! This was the fourth one this month! I am sick of all this mess. After leaving the cafe, I felt like I forgot something but I couldn't really place my mind on what it was. I was really greatful when that waitress brought it back. Not everyone is that honest. Even after not receiving any tip from me, she still decided to return it. I had checked the wallet and nothing was missing from it. By the time I looked up, she was no where to be found.

Suddenly something clicked in my brain and I had the perfect idea. She could be the perfect personal assistant for my son. She doesn't look like a dumb bimbo that would fall in love with him. She could actually stop him from his playboy ways. First of all, I need to gather all information on her.

I bring out my Iphone (the latest one) and dial Bobby "Bobby, get all possible details on a blonde chubby waitress that works in cafe de la roux." "Okay, sir." he replies. I cut the call afterwards. This is the best way to curb my son from his wild ways. Ian is definitely going to be furious! He would make her hate the job and turn her life to a living hell. I just need to find the waitresses weak point.

********************************************

Oh my Gee, this is the official first chappie! I made it yeah! pls vote, comment and do what u think is right. ask if u have any questions! Can someone pls volunteer to help me make the perfect cover?

Tuacee