Chapter 10: Socialising/ Networking in the Business World

Nicholas Taylor's pov

I am so fucking bored. I have basically done every paper work in this office. Maybe I can use this time to check what events I have planned this week. I take out my weekly planner and see that there's a black and white party this evening.

FUCK!!! I don't have a plus one. This is terrible. 'Maybe, you could ask Emma. I am sure she will agree willingly.' That's true. I don't think I wanna go with a dumb bimbo. I press the button and tell her to come to my office immediately. She knocks and I bark "come in". She enters and asks "What do you need, sir?" I clear my throat "Since I don't have a plus one for the black and white charity event this evening, you are going to be my plus one."

"But sir, I already have other plans." she tries to reason with me. "I don't fucking care and won't take no for an answer. This is one of your duties as my personal assistant. You 're going whether you like it or not!" I command. "Okay, sir." she replies humbly. I continue "I will pay 2000$ into your bank account and I expect you to buy something decent and expensive. I don't want to be seen walking with a cheap person. Meet me at the Vauxhall building at 8pm tonight! So fuck off and don't be late coz I hate lateness and won't tolerate it."

               Emma's pov

I leave his office with a dejected look on my face. The good side of this is that I can go home after Lunch. I can't believe he just ordered me like that. I was planning on meeting Lana after work. Now I have to cancel again. I definitely have to make it up to her. She would be disappointed at me. Urgh.......I hate that he can give me orders and that I have to obey them. This sucks!

I check my wristwatch and see that it's lunchtime. I pack my things and decide to check out the office cafeteria. I am in the mood for socializing or rather still networking as it's called in the Business world. I haven't even talked to anyone apart from Blair. They probably think I am a bitch. I enter the lift and press the number for the cafeteria and step out when we arrive two minutes later.

OMFG! The place is fucking huge. I can see a lot of people dressed in suit. I wonder what I will have for Lunch. I look at the menu and order a chicken sandwich, two doughnuts and a chocolate drink. Guess what? The personal assistant's meal is always paid by the boss. I take my food and begin to look for an empty table to seat at, when Blair invites me to sit with her clique. BTW, it's nothing like high school clique.

I sit down next to Blair and she asks "Hey Emma! How's work going? I haven't seen you here before?" I reply "Work has been fantastic except the part where my boss hates me and I usually grab lunch from the deli down the road." "No wonder! Whenever you eat in the cafeteria, you can always sit with us. This is Fabio" she points at a guy who looks gay "and he's my best pal and after him is Trina, Lucy, Beverly and Elisabeth." she introduces them to me and we all smile at each other and some give me an awkward wave.

"As you already know I am Fabio and I am sure you can tell I am gay and girl, how does it feel like working with Mr Hotshot?" asks Fabio. "It's okay only that he hates me." I answer. "What?? This is a first! He never hates his assistants!" Fabio basically screams. "He's a big drama king. I advise you ignore him!" comments Beverly.

I smile and add "He's okay! I don't really mind him being a drama queen." "I hate you all." sulks Fabio. "Come on, we all know how so so so much you love us." teases Elisabeth. "Why do you all call him Mr Hotshot? He isn't even that hot?" I lie. "Are you freaking blind? He's the epitome of sexiness." states Fabio. "I think the reason why he hates me is that, I don't flirt with him and flaunt my body in his face. Everything between us is strictly business." I sincerely state.

"This just makes me remember why I place my bet on you." says Blair. "What bet 're you talking about? I asked you on my first day but you never replied the question." I ask curiously. "Guys, do we tell her?" Blair questions and they all nod their head in unison which I think means they all agree. Trina says for the first time "Whenever 'Mr Hotshot' as Fabio calls him, hires a new personal assistant, we all place a bet on how long she would last and if she would sleep or fall in love with him." She uses her hand to emphasize on my boss being called Mr Hotshot.

"seriously people" I am a bit mad at them. Trina continues "Everyone on this table except Lucy voted that you wouldn't fall in love with him." "Lucy, why not on me?" I ask. 'My dear, don't forget that curiosity killed the poor fat cat.' Since I arrived, she hasn't said a single word and I am dying of curiosity. "Because I know you are going to turn out like the other sluts." she harshly states. "Chill out, Luce! She's just trying to be friendly. No need to go all bitchy mode." Fabio defends me. "Whatever!" she dumps her food in the trashcan and walks out of the cafeteria. Okay, what the heck just happened? I was only trying to be nice.

"Don't mind her! She's been having a bad day and I think is also feeling really peachy." consoles Elisabeth. "I can say the same." agrees Trina. "I need you guy's help." I say out of the blue. "What's the matter?" asks Beverly. "I have to attend a charity event with my boss this evening and I have nothing to wear. He said I have to look presentable." I tell them. "Then, you have come to the right people." adds Fabio.

Fabio puts Elisabeth, Trina and Blair in charge of getting my clothes and accessories. I give them my house key, address and bank card. We all agree to meet at my place at 6pm. Beverly and Fabio are in charge of my hair. They said I need to look fabulous and in order to look fab, I need a spa and hair treatment.

They take me to a really expensive spa and there a lot is done to my appearance. The spa people treat my hair tips which were almost dead and highlight my blonde hair. Also, they wax me which was fucking painful and do something to my skin which makes it look sparkly and perfect. Afterwards, we take a cab to my house.

-------------------------------

Yeah!!! More characters are coming in! I totally adore Fabio! If only I had my personal Fabio ;-);-). pls vote, share, comment and help promote ma baby (this book). I have only one question: Why do you think Lucy is being a bitch? Thanks and love you guys.

xoxo

TrAcE♡♥·♥♡