Epilogue: Let it go

Few days later

                         Emma´s pov

Wow! It has been some great months with the Taylor's. I believe it's time I went back home to my family in England. Yeah, I know I never mentioned that they live there. The thing is that I don't just like getting personal and talking about my family. I guess it's time I let you onto a secret of mine. Anyways, just as Allison Dilaurentis said "secrets keep friends closer" so I better keep you closer. As I was saying, my parents reside in England. I went to high school in that stupid country. I moved to the States because I needed a new beginning after being bullied for a long time. My parents thought it was a wise decision so that's how I ended up here. I barely talk to them. I was so surprised when mother called me yesterday and told me to come back home. It's best we go back to yesterday so you wouldn't be confused.

      ***** yesterday morning *****

You can't keep on moping about Nicholas, Emma. It's high time you bring your life under control. Are you gonna sit here all day and cry while he's probably having the time of his life? I guess  not! It is just that I don't know how to proceed. That's some heavy bullshit! You were able to begin again when you moved from England to the States. It is just that the situation is different right now. I don't want to go back to live with my parents. I love them so much but please, I rather skip on that idea. Why don't you call your mother and tell her everything? Oh like what? That I meant a guy, gave my virginity and trust to him only for him to choose wealth over me. Am so sorry but I can't do that to my mother.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I bring it out and see the caller's number is british. "This is Emma Cadan on the line. May I please know whom I am speaking with?" "It's your mother!" The voice says. Talk of the devil and he appears. "Ohhhh....morning mother! Nice to hear your voice again!" I state dryly. "I know it's always a pleasure for you to hear from us." She ignores my comment. "Why the sudden call, mother?" I ask. "Well, you know I hired a spy to watch over you, right?" I nod my head in affirmation and realise she can't see me so I add "Yes". She continues "Good. He told me everything that has been in your life and I am so sorry, muppet! Your father and I think it's best you come back home and start a new life with us. This isn't high school anymore. You are basically a woman of your own, muppet." "I don't know, mother. I don't want to seem like a coward. People are gonna think I fled away cause I got rejected." I exclaim. "In a way, it is kinda true." She mutters "You coming home would also be that you are ready to face our town again. In a way, it means you are brave enough to return back after the bullying."

I should probably go back to where I belong. What about Fabio and Lana? They can survive without me. I clear my throat and agree with mother "I believe you are right, mother. Could you please book a plane ticket for me?" "I have already done it. I would just email the details to you." She states. "How come you knew I was going to agree and already booked the flight?" I question. "A mother always knows." She curtly replies. We chit chat for a few more minutes before I end the call. I quickly pack my suitcases. I am gonna leave behind the clothes I bought with his money. I am only taking back the clothes I had when I first arrived in the States. I threeway call Fabio and Lana and inform them about my present state. They tell me that they will be at my apartment as soon as they can. I rush to the nearby supermarket and buy as much junk food as I can afford. May the day begin in my favour!

      ****** back to the present ******

I lock my apartment door behind me and carry my suitcase downstairs to Fabio's car. My two besties are escorting me to the airport. Fabio puts my suitcase in his car trunk and I sit at the back seat. The passenger seat is already occupied by Lana. She called shot gone first. Fabio gets into the car and off we go. I look out of the window to spare myself any awkward conversation. I can't believe am leaving this place. I can still remember my first day here vividly. How fast time flies? When I find myself drifting off to dreamland, Lana says "We are here, chica." We come down with my luggage and head to the building. We do all the necessary things needed to do and very soon it's time for us to say goodbye. I bring out my phone and send the messages I typed last night to the following people: Charlie, Nicholas, Fabio, Lana, Nina, Mr Taylor, Alice, Blair and Victoria. I look up and see Lana crying. I hug her and state "Everything's going to be alright, Lana. Me leaving doesn't mean that we aren't going to keep on being bestie. I love you so much and I wish I didn't have to, but I have to go back home."