Chapter 16: Fancy

Emma's pov

          ****** same day ******

The cab drops me off at my apartment. I am really desperate because I really need to talk to someone about what just happened. I need to process it. I call Lana and she says she's out on a date with Amar and can't really talk right now. So I dial Fabio and he says he would be here in 20 minutes.

Things have really changed between Lana and I, since I started working at Le Claire. We hardly hang out anymore! Our schedules are really different so we can't really meet up. When I am busy then she's free so it's always the opposite everytime. I really miss her. Fabio and I have bonded greatly and he's always there to listen to me rant about Nicholas. When I told him I had a crush on Nicholas, he didn't judge me and that's something I like about him.

The doorbell rings and I open the door. Fabio is standing there. We air kiss each other and I usher him in. We both have a seat and he asks "So what happened today, Em?" Fabio calls me' Em' because he thinks it's stylish and sounds better than Emma. "Nicholas kissed me and I screamed at him. I don't understand what's happening between us. One minute we 're enemies and on a challenge, the next minute he's kissing me and staring at me. Fabio, I am really confused. I can't love him because he's probably just playing with my feelings. I told him to forget about the kiss, but how am I going to tell my children about my first kiss? When it was with a jackass!" I rant and start crying.

Fabio embraces me and says "First of all, you need to calm down. Take deep breath. " I try to calm down and breathe in and out. He offers me his handkerchief and I wipe my face clean. "Secondly, why did you say the kiss meant nothing to you if it did? What if he really likes you? What if you have ruined your chance with him by saying it meant nothing! I think you should give everything a rest. Go to work tomorrow and pretend like nothing happened, if he really cares then he will try to talk to you. If he doesn't then, it's his own luck because he doesn't know what he's missing out on not being with an awesome girl like you." Fabio advises and tries to cheer me up.

Fabio stays with me until twelve midnight. He had to go back home because tomorrow's a work day. At least he cheered me up before he left. We binged over ice-cream and watched a lot of rom-com. Also we fanned over hot actors ie Zac Efron, Dave Franco, Hugh Jackman and so many more. I love hanging out with him because he gives really good advice, knows how to cheer a person up when they 're down, is caring, loving, friendly and funny. With all these thoughts, I go to bed hoping today would be better than yesterday.

          Nicholas Taylor's pov

I still can't stop thinking about what has happened. I want to send her a message but I am too scared to. I am just gonna leave her alone. Besides that, she said it meant nothing to her. I am still picturing the way she said it in my brain. Anyway, Vicky sent me a text saying she has arrived. I am sure she will be visiting me at work tomorrow. I am glad that she's back, but my mind can't stop thinking about Emma. If you should ask me about the challenge and who's winning, I will be totally clueless because some how I just stopped taking note on who's winning. It just seemed too childish. Emma must have forgotten about it. The best thing to do is to act like nothing happened and that's exactly what I am going to do at work tomorrow.

            Victoria Well's pov

Things have been going on smoothly for the past few hours since I arrived. I even sent Nicholas a message and he replied saying he was glad that I was back. My dad has been trying to please me. He doesn't want to get on my bad side because he knows everything depends on me. I go to my room because I need my beauty sleep for tomorrow. I need to look perfect for Nick baby. I climb into bed and immediately fall asleep.