Chapter 32

HARRY

"Please just go back to her, she's perfect for you and I'm a mess and no one wants me and I just need to go" She cried

I couldn't believe after everything I said she still thinks that I want Penelope. She still wants to give up. As soon as I heard this I jumped up and started banging on her door. 

"POPPY OPEN THIS DOOR! NOW! PLEASE! POPPY!" I shouted and all I heard was her crying and I had tears threatening to spill too. 

"Poppy please, why would you think I want Penelope, I don't know I want you. Please poppy open the door" I said only banging softly now. "Poppy why are you so jealous of Penelope?" I finally said

"Cause shes perfect" She said quietly that I could only just hear it through the door. 

"Why are you jealous of me being with her?" I asked hoping this was the reason she was being like this. 

"I'm not" She said a little louder. 

"Bullshit!" 

"Fine" She said

"Why then?" I asked but she stayed quiet "Poppy why are you jealous of me and her?" I asked more frustrated

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU. There, I said it" She shouted through the door and I was stunned.

She likes me. No she can't like me. This is good for the bet but not me and her. I like her too but how can I say that and then next week sometime crush her. I can't. 

"Poppy open the door" I said as a couple tears streamed down my cheeks.

After a minute the door slowly unlocked and opened. She was standing there beautiful as ever. Even with her makeup messed up from crying and her eyes puffy and red. Even if she is still crying and looks a mess. Shes beautiful.

Next thing I did was the best and worst things ever. I stepped forward, cupped her face and kissed her...

POPPY

I slowly opened the door and saw that harry had some tear stains on his cheeks. Why was he crying?

The next thing i know he stepped forward, cupped my cheeks and kissed me.

When we pulled away from the kissed we both still had are eyes close and our foreheads rested on each other. I felt Harry's breathe on my face and I knew he now had his eyes open looking at me but I didn't have the strength to look at him.

"Poppy..." He whispered but I still didn't look at him. "Please look at me" He whispered and more tears spilled from my still closed eyes. "Please stop crying...please...Why are you crying?" He whispered and this time I stepped away from him and turned my back on him, I opened my eyes and saw I was now standing by my window looking out and I noticed it was raining. "Poppy?" Harry said confused and stepped forward but still left distance between us.

"I can't do it." I simply said as more and more silent tears stream down my face.

"Can't do what?" And i knew Harry had silent tears streaming too.

"This. Life." I said and Harry sighed.

"Poppy I don't like it when you talk like that" He said and I shrugged.

"Then don't be here when I am" I simply said and he sighed again. "Why did you kiss me?" I asked before he could say anything. "If it was because I said I like you I don't need the sympathy or the leading on" I said and I saw from the corner of my eye that Harry shook his head and was wiping his eyes but it was no use.

"It was sympathy. Poppy, these couple of weeks that i have known you I realise I like you more and more everyday. Every flaw. Every good. Every bad. Everything. I didn't mean to fall for you but I did. I didn't think I could but I did. I don't wanna like you but I do. I kissed you cause I like you too" He finished and I turned round to finally look at him after all this time.

"Why don't you wanna like me? Is it cause I'm not good enough for you? Is it because I'm a mess?" I asked

HARRY

"Why don't you wanna like me? Is it cause I'm not good enough for you? Is it because I'm a mess?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No it's nothing like that. I think your amazing Poppy, the way you think and act. You're so different to everyone else and thats a good thing. You don't copy people, you are your own person and I like that. You don't pretend to be someone your not. You've got the whole 'like me or not I don't care; attitude and I love that. Poppy I don't wanna like you because I'm a asshole. I'm the biggest asshole, prick, jerk, wanker and any other words you want to use, I'm it." I said

"I don't think you're a asshole or any other them other words and if that the only reason you don't want to like me, it's stupid" She said and I sighed.

"I am a asshole and everything I just said and thats only partly why I don't wanna like you. I don't want to like you because I've done something stupid. I've agreed to something stupid and in the end your going to get hurt. Don't ask me how I know you will because I just do. And don't ask me what's the stupid thing I agreed to because I'm not going to tell you but I don't want to like you because that means I will get hurt at the end too. Liking you also means that you might have liked me back which I didn't want to happen but it has already happened." I said and Poppy sighed.

"I didn't really understand anything you just said then because it was super confusing but-"

"HARRY! POPPY! YOU IN THERE!" We heard Penelope shout from outside the front door.

"I better let her in. She's probably getting wet from the rain" I said and Poppy nodded and followed me downstairs.

"Finally. I'm soaked" Penelope said once i opened the door and let her in. I shut the door and saw Poppy was on the bottom step looking at us. Penelope looked at Poppy and smiled.

"Hey" She said and Poppy just smiled at her awkwardly.

"It raining like mad out there, you should see it" Penelope said trying to make things not awkward.

"I like the rain" Poppy finally said and me and Penelope both looked at her. She never really spoke to me about what she likes and hates but hearing her talk about stuff in general makes me happy and think about things.

"You always have, ever since we were little you would love the rain and want to go out in it" Penelope said and they both smiled like it was a good memory. "Well I would love to stay and chat but my parents are going to kill me because I skipped school, so? bye Poppy" She said and waved to Poppy and Poppy waved back. "And Harry can i talk to you quick?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yea I will with you too your car and then come back" I said and pointed the end of my sentence at Poppy and she just nodded and went into the kitchen.

Penelope and I walked to her car with an umbrella from Poppys house so we wouldn't get wet.

"So what you want to talk to me about?" I asked

"Poppy." She said and i nodded for her to carry on. "Well is she alright?"

"I don't know. She said she's had enough of life and she can't do it anymore. She told me she likes me and I sort of like her back and we kissed but like I said before I can't be doing this because we are all going to get hurt in the end and I don't like it."

"So what are we going to do?" Penelope asked

"I'm going to spend the night with her, make sure she's alright for the next week or so and when this thing comes out I need you too be there for her. I need you to be there for her all this week because I need to separate myself from her so maybe it wont hurt has bad in the end, you have to promise me all this" I said and she nodded.

"I promise" Penelope said and I hugged her goodbye before going back to Poppys house to spend the night with her.

VOTE

AND

COMMENT