one. follow me

definitely not dying in this

❝ definitely not dying in this ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

LEANING AGAINST the counter-top the bustling environment of the shop continued at the height of lunch hour. Barely having a minute to catch a breath the brunette was handed another set of plates with the chef in the kitchen glancing over to see her seemingly slacking off. Taking the plates into her hands she stood up once again on the wheels of the rollerskates annoyed. "Last time I checked there were still customers," Her manager caught her to say, glaring at the girl as she left back out of the other side of the counter.

The dress and apron she was forced in made it difficult for her to pin point movements without showing anything that didn't need to be shown, but she had become sadly well off from occasions prior that now made her an expert in this department. It was more her own motivation to work that was what was getting in the way, honestly. The job was tedious, it didn't pay enough for the comments she received, and the shifts were chaotic to say the least. It would make sense to just up and quit while she had the chance, but then there'd be no way to pay for her flat. Her fault for not taking classes when she could've in the hopes of 'following her dreams'. A foolish idea. . .

In the midst of catching her mind wandering again as she set down the plates at the designated tables a sudden scream from a customer was distinctly heard. Catching the woman seated at the window near the entrance now grabbing her things to rush out, the manager and chef from the kitchen immediately put to blame the waitress they had just scolded who was now raising her hands defensively.

Again another cry was heard, others outside now rushing to get to where they needed to be and turning their backs to, possibly, whatever was causing them such a scare. "Metal men! On the streets of London!" Someone exclaimed in the restaurant which caused everyone to rush out in a panic. Skating outside for herself to see what this was all about, the metal men being described staggering close behind a few citizens each yelling a simple word: Delete!

Turning back to see everyone had already dispersed out of the restaurant to only leave her behind left the woman with only a few options as to best handle her escape. To one) either run madly off onto the streets along with everyone else or two) simply stay here and hide in the hopes it would be over soon. Looking down to her rollerskates still fashioned tightly and thinking she'd have a better chance at the lengths speed she could go, she opted with the latter.

Easily skating past thoughts not daring to stop for a second in fear of what was to come, she continued to make great speed on her path without looking back once at the distance she'd managed in the time she had begun. This only being blocked by a stopped car on the road, which was her downfall as this led for the woman to trip up and scrap her knee against the gravel of the street.