twenty-one. turn of time

you could have let me stay

❝ you could have let me stay ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

A SIGN OF THE DOCTOR did not come. Three years passed for Katie still holding onto the hope of her friend coming to pass. Eventually as time went on the feeling began to be manageable leaving her to be able to join the masses once again.

The idea of returning to the roller skates and chips shop was out of the question. All she had was the flat and her desire to continue on her own adventures even without her friend. Traveling from place to place was what seemed to be the best for her; time traveling box or not.

Katie continued with her passion for photography, eventually with some denials having photos taken up in art galleries. Considering the photographs had some uniqueness to them it didn't surprise her the traction they would cause. The fame wasn't important, she just wanted to have the happiness she had she on the TARDIS again. Something that felt impossible to achieve the longer time passed but she was open to the challenge.

Currently in the middle of a function herself, the servers continued to hand out champagne and Katie took one off the plate to have a sip. Having been brought to have some conversation with donors she did her best to smile and answer questions while the attention slowly went away from her and to other inspirations for art. Sipping her glass she quickly made out a man in a familiar suit and trench pair to nearly send the glass to the floor.

Quickly excusing herself from the group her eyes continued to search for the individual in question to convince herself she hadn't imagined him again. With each person Katie there was no sign of the individual until her eyes spotted him. Situated in front of a photo with their hands in the pockets of the trench. Holding her breath she went to his direction and stepped beside him to view the photo as well. "You know, the man in the photo is the best muse in my opinion. I've never had the pleasure of knowing someone so enigmatic and I don't think I ever will." Katie sighed in remembrance. "My lonesome traveler. I guess that's what he is to me."

She looked over to see it was in fact the Doctor, having to take in every detail to confirm it was the very same friend she had once known. He shook his head over the comment and gestured over to the photograph. "I can see what everyone means with the hair," The Doctor said and turned to face her, "Katie Hart, not surprised to see you've made a name for yourself while I've been away. Been quite busy haven't you?"

"You're really here?"

Taking out from his pocket the key Katie couldn't help to smile as he handed it back to her. "Forgot this by the way." Brushing the key with her thumb he continued to speak to her sternly. "Told you to make sure you had it."

"You promised me everything would be fine." The Doctor said nothing in return and turned back to the photo. "I thought something had happened to you?"

The photograph continued to keep his attention and he avoided addressing the topic with her. "You called it The Traveler and I don't like it. If you'd called it Mister Clever like I'd think you would've maybe it would've been a little better." Katie held in her laughter, clutching the key as she folded her arms beside him. "...You forgot your key."