thirteen. the man

don't you ever wonder where i got this trench?

❝ don't you ever wonder where i got this trench? ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

ADJUSTING THE HEADBAND now situated to pin back the pixie cut, the small curls still whipped past her due to the wind in the Bay Area. Smiling with the seagulls passing overhead and the pebble short in front of her Katie stared up at the Golden Gate Bridge just a ways away from them. "Think you cut yourself short here, Doctor. We're not even in the city."

"I know! Thought you'd snap a picture for yourself!" His voice echoed from within the TARDIS.

She turned back to see if he had been watching her since she, indeed, had the camera already ready to take a photo of the view. Seeing he wasn't left her embarrassed at his correct assumption. "I don't always have to take pictures!" Katie called back before snapping a photo. Shutting the doors again she went back into the console room to find the Doctor arriving to meet her.

Meeting her instead from the doorway he gave her a wide-grin with enthusiasm. "San Francisco, 1967. The Summer Of Love," The Doctor informed her, eyeing her outfit to suddenly chuckle beside her due to his own buzzing excitement, "Well you look so choice."

Katie raised her brow in amusement. "And here's my main squeeze, always looking dashing now isn't he?" The Doctor played along momentarily before faltering, his companion noticing the reaction to drop his shoulders in concern. "You alright?"

Instead of taking time to address it the Doctor quickly waved off the accusation. "Just a bit of deja vù, nothing serious."

Nodding im understanding, Katie raised up her camera from where it hung around my neck and waved it in her hand. "Now, pretty boy, you going to strike a pose for me?"The Doctor said nothing as a response for her to assume her joke fell through. That is, until he stepped forward to stand by her side leaving her surprised by the action.

Noticing this he continued to smile as he took the camera from her hands, being the taller of the pair, and pointed it down for the lens to meet them to the best of his ability. "Suppose it's about time we add a bit more to the already nice view, Hart?" She glanced up to him turning behind them to the Golden Gate Bridge before back to her, "Well, can't keep me waiting?"

Katie rolled her eyes and waved a hand to the camera. "Snap the shot then!" The two shone their widest grins until the faint click for Katie to jump up to snatch her camera back from him. As she did this the Doctor turned back to the busy road, tucking his hand into his pockets for a moment to himself. suddenly as I looked to the busy road ahead. Eyeing him suspiciously she placed the item around her neck again as she went beside him. "What is it about 1967 then? Seems like an odd year to pick?"

He turned to her unamused immediately. "You and your reasons, maybe it's just an excuse to use the 60's slang." The Doctor looked out to the Bay Area view, debating to himself for a second before turning in the direction of the TARDIS. "Any year is brilliant without needing to be. Just plain coincidence."