twenty-two. wrong box

you always this perceptive?

❝ you always this perceptive? ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

PACKING HER BAGS in a rush the flat continued to remain a mess during the travel preparations. Katie looked up to the clock and groaned in annoyance to confirm this again on her watch. "I'm late." Hurriedly she shoved the rest of the things left into her suitcase haphazardly and grabbed the keys and boarding pass on her way out the door. Her coat breezed past her, getting caught on her way out for her to have to unlock it again in order to continue on her way.

Nearly sending herself tripping on the steps the suitcase followed closely behind her as she attempted to make her way out to the front of the building. Looking for a taxi expectantly she checked her watch again waiting for one to come for her. Turning ahead to the alleyway in front there wasn't much of anything there. Katie turned towards the noise she had heard and was all too familiar with.

Before her, just across the street, the TARDIS suddenly appeared to have her shake her head unsurprised with a smile. "Sure did pick a time for this." Without much thought she took the chance to cross, ignoring the honks from passing cars as there was no designated cross walk for this. Pausing at the front of the doors she attempted to push them open to no luck. Taking out her keys she sifted through the several of them to find the one she needed and opened the doors for herself.

Katie set the bags aside as well as her things to find a surprisingly empty console room. "Doctor? It's-" A man lifted his head from around the corner when hearing her, much different from the man she had known, and her heart faltered at the sight. "Me." Assuming they were meant to have another chance to say goodbye she stood still when confronted with the man before her now.

"Never met a person named me before," The Doctor told her, knitting his brows and pointing to her upon closer look, "Wait, that's my coat, isn't it?" He fixed his own leather jacket as she watched him confused over the comment.

Katie didn't get a chance to say anything as the man continued to question her. "Who do you suppose you are? And how did you even manage to get in here? Doors were locked?"

Laughing over this nervously she slowly started to grab her things and motioned out of the door. "Seems I may have gone to the wrong Police Box. Silly me, best be off now," She explained, attempting to leave while she had the chance to.

The Doctor raised a finger to her. "Now hang on, you've got to tell me how you at least managed to get yourself a key."

Stopping she let out a sigh and turned back over to him. "I don't really know how I'm supposed to go about this. I'm not really the expert on the whole wibbly wobbley timey wimey thing, you are." The Doctor said the word again to himself as she continued to explain. "You gave it to me, of course. Didn't take very long for you to too actually now that you mention it. Should be going, have a flight to catch."