twenty-three. family portraits

god i really do wish i'd met you this way first

❝ god i really do wish i'd met you this way first ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

THE CARRIAGE BUCKLED along the route as the new duo made conversation with the family giving them a ride. Not having a chance to bring this up with the Doctor the situation Katie only struck up conversation with the family to pass the time in the meanwhile. "So, the Titanic. Bet you're really bragging about it to all your friend."

"Lucky we even got the tickets," Mr. Daniels mentioned as they sat amongst the family now, "Be a pleasure to embark on the ship. It's a great honor."

"Oh I'm sure it is," The Doctor managed out and gave them a wide grin.

His wife motioned to the pair with interest and a wide-grin. "What brings you two here anyways these days? Just grabbing some chips for a quick date."

At the sound of this Katie laughed under her breath to voice a response before the Doctor stepped in with a small smile. "First date actually, thought I was doing good myself until I couldn't catch a ride," He explained knowingly as she shot him a glance to have his grin turn up a bit wider, "Should grab ourselves some chips, have ourselves a quick walk, and be on our way."

The wife sighed in content for a moment, looking out of the carriage. "Ah those were the days— We're off too after tonight. Ship should be docked first thing in the morning." She turned to the pair with a soft smile and gasped suddenly over the idea. "Why don't you join us for dinner instead? Our chefs having prepared a lovely meal. If it's not intruding dear...What were your names again?"

"I'm the Doctor and this here is Katie Hart. In terms of dinner—"

"My friend and I would love to join you, thank you for the invitation that is so thoughtful of you," Katie interrupted to say, the carriage stopping in time to have the family nod in agreement and gather the rest of their things in the back.

The Doctor looked to her in annoyance, only having her roll her eyes at his attempts to be cross with her. "I'm not interfering with this, I know what you're trying to do Hart."

Katie let out a breath in disbelief at this. "You can't seriously just let them get on that ship now can you? It's a family; a wife, a husband, their kids?" She shook her head. "Maybe they were supposed to meet us."

"Oh, so you believe in destiny then?" He shook his head in annoyance. "I really do know how to pick them don't I? Considering you're my future I can avoid having met you entirely can't I."

Not buying this she dismissed the threat. "If you did that I'd be gone by now wouldn't I?" Katie gave him a cheeky grin as he let out a breath in defeat. "Face it pretty boy you always love the banter. May have a different face but you're the same Doctor."