eighteen. queen of the nile

you dated cleopatra?

❝ you dated cleopatra? ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

ANOTHER DAY IN THE TARDIS. It was hard to really judge if this was true considering have any perception on time in here was near to impossible. Currently Katie trudged into the console room again rubbing her tired eyes to find her friend waiting for her as he always did. "Should add a coffee machine to this. Make things a bit easier." Opening then he lifted the cup to her without looking away from his screen for her to smile.

Taking it she sat beside him to stare at the maps he was looking through. Seeing he had his specs on she watched him curiously. "Adding that would wreck the controls, y'know."

"But the long walk."

"It's not that long," The Doctor replied back with a laugh, taking off his specs and pulling the screen away while Katie continued to sit down. Hurriedly on the controls again she watched him work away unbothered even with the heavy movement occurring within the box. She found this a measure of how much she had gotten used to their travels and smiled to herself over it. Eventually he stepped over to her again grinning at her stance. "Bit relaxed there."

Handing him back the shrug Katie exaggerated this by yawning and stretching herself out of the seat to stand alongside him. "Hard to find time to be when you're always putting me through the ringer." She then clasped her hands to point out towards the doors. "Have we landed then?"

"Could phrase it better."

"...You're an alien, in a space ship? Have you forgotten that?"

The Doctor debated this and nodded over to her. "Fair point." Moving past her with enough space to open the door he gave her a wide-grin with excitement as always. Stepping Katie squinted to the harsh sun greeting her once outside. Figuring this to happen he passed her a pair of sunglasses and put one on for himself. "Hart, welcome—"

His introduction was interrupted by a band of individuals now pointing their weapons to them. The pair raised their hands up immediately for Katie to shoot a look over the situation. "We've barely stepped foot out the TARDIS and you've managed to be a target."

"Put your hands up and release any weapons you have!" One guard said as they all started to surround the TARDIS in a packed circle.

Looking past them Katie noticed the grand statues some ways away and widened her eyes over the sight. Beside that was a palace situated prominently at the center with lion statues acting as guards to the entrance. "Oh, now this is brilliant." The Doctor was unamused still by the scene but was now trying to hide his own grin when seeing her continue to grow more excited. "Are we going to meet Cleopatra?"