1

Sometimes in life, you have to expect the unexpected.

I thought it was just an ordinary day, but that was just me. I never thought that my life would start to change, without me being aware.

*PRESENT (the YEAR 2058)

ADDISON'S POV

"Where were you?" I just look at the person in front of me and then shrug my shoulders.

"I was waiting for you for the whole 2 hours, and you just give me a shrug?" She doesn't sound or looks mad, but I know her too well. Her serious face stares at me for a few moments and then I saw how her lips curve upside down.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" she said.

"Of course Sky. You are my best friend after all." I said to her and smiled.

"It doesn't look like it." She's worried. I know.

"I was just touring around this big building. I'm sorry I got you worried."

"Nah. It's okay. But inform me next time. You got me really worried. I just don't want to repeat what happened in the past." I just nod at what she said.

"So do you like the building?" She asked me with curiosity evident on her face.

"Let's talk about work later. It's already lunchtime. So lunch? It's on me." After she heard the word lunch her smile shows up. Then she just nods and stands up.

*Café

"Mind your own food, you idiot!" She shouted when I took a piece of her food

"Mind your own food, you idiot!" She shouted when I took a piece of her food. Mind you, my best friend loves food so much that she might probably kill someone for it.

"If I'm an idiot, then so are you. We're twins remember?" I grin at her, and she just gave me her famous scowl. I tried to hold my laugh and just drink my coffee.

"Not biologically." She said while raising her fork. If you're wondering what we're talking about, well Sky and I are like twins. LIKE. We look the same as if we are fraternal twins. The only difference is that our attitude and hair. She dyed her hair blonde a week ago, but our original hair color is actually a light brown.

"So..." she started.

"What?"

"Have you met someone that you find interest in?"

"No. Too busy." I said to her with a tone of no interest.

"Oh come on! Don't give me that shit!" She started to raise her voice.

"Can you lower your voice down? There are kids here!" I said while looking around. I see parents glaring at our side while covering their kid's ear.

"And besides, you know how busy my schedule is." I continued. I hope she gets that I'm really not into dating right now.

"I just hoped you would meet someone. It could either be a girl or a boy, I don't really care. I just want you to be happy." She sighed and I just smiled at her.

"I am happy. I have everything I wanted."

"Yeah, except for a life partner. I mean you are everything a man and a woman wants! Smart, rich, and beautiful." If you're wondering why she added a woman, it's because I'm bisexual.

"Yeah, but their just a distraction to my work."

"But..."

"Just drop it, ok?"

"Ok. By the way, how's Scarlett? You know, I miss my niece so much."

"Yeah you should visit her already, she misses her aunt also that she's always asking me about you."

"Yeah, maybe I should go with you after work, I think I'll surprise her."

"That's fine by me." She just smiled and continue eating her food.