12

OLIVIA'S POV

After dinner, I volunteered to wash the dishes but Addison won't let me. Me, as hard headed as I can be, I washed the dishes when Addison took Scarlett upstairs for a bath. When she came back to wash the dishes, I just smiled goofily at her and she just shook her head.

"Where are your maids? I didn't see any of them tonight." We were sitting in the living room with the TV on. I started asking her a question since Scarlett is still upstairs looking for a book for her bed time story.

"There is actually another house near here, not as big as this but enough to accommodate all our helpers. Besides, we don't have that much helpers." She said still looking at the TV. Damn, how I wish I was the TV right now so that her attention would be on me. But at least she answered. But our conversation was cut off because Scarlett was already climbing down the stairs holding a book. It was now my cue to read her a bed time story.

We left her other mom at the living room while both of us are headed now to her room. Her room was really nice, there is a bookshelf on the corner, a bed that can fit 3 people, and there is already a bathroom connected to the room. Her walls are also painted in a pastel colour.

After reading her the bedtime story, Scarlett was a little drowsy but still not sleeping.

"Mommy? Don't leave me, okay?"

"Of course baby. Mommy will just be here with you until you fall asleep."

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too baby." I kissed her forehead and caressed her hair so she can easily fall asleep.

When I got downstairs, Addison was now at the bar counter with a smirnoff in her hand.

"How?" I was shocked when she started talking.

"How what?"

"How did you make my daughter easily attached to you? She even called you her mommy. She also never cries when her aunts leave. You made her physically and emotionally attached to you. So how did you do it?"

"I don't know. I mean... it's not just her you know?" She didn't say anything so I continued.

"I am also physically and emotionally attached to her. It's like she's my own child, besides, she's a lovable kid." Well technically she is my daughter, but I won't tell her that.

"Yes, she is lovable. But I still don't get why she's so attached to you."

"Me neither, but I have to go now. Scarlett is already asleep and it's also getting late. I still have work tomorrow."

"Yeah." I took all my things and made sure that nothing was left then when I was ready to get out I heard her say something that made me smile at her and nod.

"Ahm... Olivia, thank you for being there for my daughter."

"Anything for her."

***

ADDISON'S POV

A crying Scarlett is what I saw the very first thing I woke up from my sleep. I look at the clock on my bedside table and it says 7:30 am.

Now why would she cry this early. I mean, my daughter really doesn't cry much until she met Olivia.

"Now, now sweety. Tell momma what's wrong?" I carried her and put her in my lap.

"Momma, mommy's gone!" Of course, she would look for her 'mommy' again.

"Sweety, your mommy told me she has work this morning so I can't do anything about that."

"But momma! I want my mommy!"

"Later, we'll call her. But first breakfast, or no mommy for you."

When she heard that, she immediately stood up and rush to the door. "Momma! What are we waiting for, let's go eat breakfast."

"We still have to brush our teeth remember?"

"Oh! I forgot momma!"

"I know you did."

"Momma?" Scarlett was still standing by the door and faced me.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"Momma loves you too sweetheart."