11

OLIVIA'S POV

I was watching a family having a picnic together. Kids fooling around, and parents watching over them. I wish we could do that also. Fleur or I think I should call her Addison or boss now because technically she is my boss after all, is buying an ice cream for little Scarlett.

"Mommy?" Being with my daughter and Addison is amazing, even though Addison still doesn't remember me.

"Yes baby?"

"Are you going home with us at our house?" That question caught me off guard. I love my daughter and I love being with her, but her other mom doesn't remember me at all and I am just a stranger to her. "I'm sorry baby, but I can't." It's hard seeing your child with teary eyes.

"But mommy!" Scarlett's cry seems to be loud that the fast walking Addison that was headed to us, heard it.

"Sweety what's wrong? Why are you crying? What did you do?" Scarlett won't answer her mom so she look at me as if asking.

"I did nothing! Well, you see... Scarlett wanted something that I'm not sure if I could give it to her." I couldn't look at her in the eyes, she was really intimidating if she wanted to.

She looked at Scarlett and ask her with a calm voice. "Scarlett, sweety... Here is your favorite ice cream." Scarlett still wouldn't stop crying. "C'mon sweety, tell momma what you want." Addison is a loving mother, she was calming Scarlett and wiping the kid's tears away.

"I want my mommy!"

"I am here now. No more crying baby." Addison seems to misinterpret the words of our child, our child.

"No! I want... I want my mommy! I want --hick-- mommy to live with us! I want her --hick-- to always be with me!"

"Sweety! I am here. I am living with you in our house. Is it about me not always at the house? I'm sorry sweety."

"No! No! No! I want mommy! I want my mommy!" My baby was struggling to get out of the hug from her mom. When Addison loosened her hug, Scarlett broke away and walked8 up to me and hug me.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I couldn't take it anymore, so I hugged my daughter tightly even though I can feel the stare of Addison on me.

"Shh... now baby. Mommy's here, don't cry. Everything's gonna be okay now." I caressed her back and kiss her head to calm her down.

When Scarlett was finally calmed down, she asked her mom the same question she asked me. "Momma, can mommy stay with us in our house? Please momma? I want to be with mommy." That seemed to shock Addison by her question. I mean who wouldn't be? Your daughter calling the person you just met as 'mommy' and then ask you if her 'mommy' could stay with you at your own house? That's crazy, and I wouldn't blame Addison if she says no to the child.

"Okay then. But now let's head home since it's already getting late. You know, the cook is making your favourite food tonight." How can she easily yes to that? I mean letting a stranger in your house just because your child asked for it is kind of stupid to do. But what can I say, she is still my Fleur after all, easy to trust people and has a soft heart.

Walking back to the parking lot of our agency near the park wasn't easy as I thought. It was very awkward because Scarlett was both holding our hands and she wouldn't let go of my hand and to top it all, Addison wouldn't even speak a word to me or to Scarlett. She was just listening to our conversation and stayed quiet the whole walk.

She just talked when I have to go to where my car was parked and Scarlett would not let go of my hand and started crying again.

"Sweety, she has to go get her car and then she will follow us to our house." But Scarlett still won't budge, she just shook her head as 'no' and tighten her grip on my hand.

"Baby, mommy's just gonna go and get her car. We will see each other again in the house."

"But... but I just want to be with you." I think Addison was tired already so she suggested an idea to the both of us that made us agree.

So that's why here I am in my car with Addison driving, me on the passenger seat, and Scarlett on the back seat talking non-stop.

The whole ride to their house I was very quiet because I am afraid that I might say something stupid. Because I was holding myself not to talk, I didn't even realize that we already arrived at destination.

 Because I was holding myself not to talk, I didn't even realize that we already arrived at destination

The house/mansion is pretty modern and it has a pool. The security is also pretty tight, I'm glad that Addison thought about more of our baby's safety. That thought made me smile even more.

"Oh good, dinner is ready. C'mon, can't keep the food waiting for us can't we?" Addison took the seat at the head of the table, and I helped Scarlett with her seat on her mom's right side and then sat beside her. After we said our thanks to God for our food, we ate silently.

"Baby why aren't you eating your veggies? Didn't you know it's good for your body?" I asked my daughter who was putting her veggies aside.

"But mommy they taste really bland." Gosh, my daughter is so cute when she pouts.

"C'mon, try eating it. It will surely taste better after a few bites. If you eat all your veggies, I will read you your bed time story." That seems to motivate her more since she's now eating her veggies even though she looks like she can't take it anymore.

I looked at Addison and she seems to be smiling at the both of us. At least now she's smiling. We look like a family having a happy dinner together and it gives me butterflies just thinking about it.