17

ADDISON'S POV

Working in the office is really tiring. *sigh*

All these stacks of paper in my table waiting for me to read and sign, thinking about it already makes me want to take a vacation. But I need to work, a lot of people will lose their job if I don't do this properly.

*knock knock*

"Yes, come in." The door opened and it was Janice.

"Miss, it's time for your 1 o'clock." I tried to stand up but I felt pain my head and my sight started to get blurry.

"Miss are you okay?"

"I'm... I'm fine. It could be just stress."

"Are you sure miss? Do you want me to get you anything? Aspirin perhaps?"

"I'm fine Janice. Let's just go to the meeting, everyone is waiting."

"Of course miss. Right this way."

*****

"So this is our financial report for the month miss."

"I've already reviewed it yesterday, what I want to hear from you is that how the hell did you come up with a total of 7 million dollars of expenses that I wasn't even aware of? In fact, I never signed any documents for a release of those amounts."

"Well..." My employee seems to be hesitant in answering me.

"What? Do you think I wouldn't notice or turn a blind eye on this? Do you think I would be happy that you lessen my tax?"

"No miss." He seemed to be ashamed of what he did.

"Please do change it to the appropriate digits. You know, I do not care if I have to pay a large amount of tax, what I do care is having an unethical employee. You may have done this to your old employers for them to escape their taxes, but since you are now under me, you should change that. I am not one of those sick bastards who are hungry for money to the point that they are escaping their own taxes. Count me out on that. All I want is for this business to operate well and in an ethical manner. Get that to your heads ladies and gentlemen."

"Of course miss." Good, they actually listened to me.

"Mr. Gomez, I'm giving you a second chance. Don't screw it."

"Thank you miss."

"Let's continue with the next agenda."

*****

"Anything else with my schedule Janice?"

"Well, all scheduled meetings for this day are all done. You also already visited the new building for the modeling agency. Oh, did you already review the report of the marketing department?"

"Yes, I did. Tell them to do a revision, because it was lacking."

"Noted. Well, I think you are free. Maybe this is the time you should give yourself a rest miss."

"Thanks Janice, but you see this papers in my table? They're not gonna work by themselves you know?"

"Well, anything you want miss?"

"Coffee would be nice."

"Of course miss, right away."

"Thank you Janice." After Janice left for my coffee, I started to read the papers in my table. They were reports from different departments and financial reports from subsidiary companies. Five minutes reading the report, Janice came in with my coffee with cookies, she left afterwards to return to her post.

It was already 5:30 in the afternoon when I finished two-thirds of reviewing the reports and my head started to hurt again.

*phone ringing*

I tried to reach for my bag that was under my table but the pain in my head became unbearable. So instead of looking for my phone, I looked for pain reliever in the cabinet. After taking the medicine, my head was still hurting so I tried to get up to drink a glass of water that was located in the center table in the office. But then my vision got blurry and the pain in my head started to hurt so much again.

The next thing I know, I was already lying in floor in my office and I heard Janice shouting for help.

OLIVIA'S POV

"Thank you for your work everyone." Finally the shoot is done, I can finally rest.

"Liv, here's your phone. It's been ringing awhile ago." Emma handed me my phone and she was right, there were ten missed calls from Sky. I started to get worry and called her back.

"Sky? You called? Sorry I couldn't answer awhile ago, I was in the middle of a shoot."

"Good thing you called back. Listen, can you go to Scarlett, she's at their house right now."

"Why? Where's Fleur?" It took her about 30 seconds to answer my question. With a hesitation in her voice, she said...

"Fleur's in the hospital, she collapsed." And then it felt like a bucket of cold water was poured all over my body.

*********

Hello guys, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all your support in this story. I'm sorry though that I do not update all the time because I was really busy with a lot of things lately, and one of it is my studies.

Also, please do leave some comments about the story because I might get some ideas from you guys, and it would be really helpful in my writings.

Thank You ❤️

-LittleDreams