14

OLIVIA'S POV

[PRESENT]

"She didn't tell me about the accident that almost cost our daughter's life. Why?" I asked the person in front of me who was drinking her own cup of cocoa.

"Well, she was supposed to tell you, maybe after your anniversary because she didn't want to ruin your celebration, but..."

"The accident happen." Of course, if the accident didn't happen then she would tell me, Fleur never keeps a secret from me for so long. 

"Yes. That's why she didn't get the chance to inform you."

"But after the car accident, why did you tell me that you stopped with the experiment? Why?"

"Well, that's another story and I'm not sure if you're ready for it."

"I'm all ears Sky, and I've got a lot of time in my hands. So you better tell me everything and not leave any single detail."

"Okay, but...---" Sky stopped talking when my phone rang. It was an unknown number, so I thought that it was not that important and so I canceled it. But it rang again.

"Let me see the number." Sky took my phone and looked at the number.

"It's Addison, you should answer it." Fleur? How the heck did she get my number?

It's like Sky knows what I'm thinking and said,"I think she got your number from the HR."  I immediately answered the call.

"Hi, is this Olivia?" The voice, of course, it's Fleur.

"Yes. Who's this?" I shouldn't make it obvious that I know it's her.

"Hey, this is Addison, you may be wondering why I called you."

"Yeah, I am. Is Scarlett okay?" It's like my heart beats faster and my hands started to sweat, I hope nothing bad happens to my baby. 

"Yeah, that's why I called you. Scarlett wanted me to call you and asked you to come here. She cried when she didn't find you when she woke up." I felt relieved that nothing bad happens to my daughter

"Can I talk to her?"

"Yes, of course. [Sweety, Olivia wants to talk to you.]" I heard her call for Scarlett.

"Mommy?" My baby's voice sounds a bit hoarse, maybe because crying.

"Hey, baby. Why did you cry?"

"Mommy, why did you leave? You promised that you won't leave." Her voice sounded like she's gonna cry again, I felt awful knowing that I'm the reason why she cried.

"I'm sorry baby, you know that mommy has to go to work." Well, I do have work but only in the afternoon, and I hate lying to Scarlett but this is for her not to be mad at me.

"It's okay mommy. Will you be joining as for lunch mommy?"

"I don't think so baby, mommy is quite busy today. But I'll try to visit you there as soon as I can. Okay?"

"Okay mommy, I love you."

"I love you too baby." I then hang up the phone call and looked up the person in front of me, and see her smiling at me weirdly. 

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" 

"No~thi~ng."

"You're acting weird." 

"Well, you looked happy tho."

"Of course, who wouldn't. I have Scarlett now."

"Congrats to you then, but is it only because of Scarlett? Not Addison?"

"Hmm... I'll give you an answer to that someday. But enough of all that, let's go back to the topic."

"Okay then, but are you sure you're ready for this?" She looked at me a bit worried.

"Yes." I answered her with a full determination. 

*****

I humbly apologize for not updating for so long and also for this short chapter. I have been hung up with my studies lately, that I couldn't make time for this, and I hope that you guys understand. Thank you very much.