18

OLIVIA'S POV

I drove as fast as I could to the hospital where Addison was rushed to. Gosh, I hope she is okay. Sky was there outside the emergency room and she looked really worried.

"Why are you here? Why are you not inside?" I asked as soon as I was near her. She immediately stood up as soon as she saw me and asked for me to sit down on the bench with her.

"I can't, I'm just too nervous to go in. The fear of almost losing my best friend a long time ago really gave me a trauma."

"I'll go in then."

"Sure, tell me then what the doctor says." I only gave her a nod and entered the emergency room.

There where many people inside the ER, some even still have blood in their clothes. But I ignored all of them and looked for Addison. On to the last bed in the room, there she was, sleeping peacefully. When I touched her arm, she was a bit warm. So I touched her forehead to see if she has a fever and I was right.

"Are you a family of the patient?" A nurse asked me.

"Ah... Yes?"

"I'll call Doctor West for you ma'am."

"Thank you."

As soon as the nurse left, I faced Addison and hold her hand.

'You look really beautiful while sleeping, but I do hope they wouldn't find something wrong with you. I couldn't lose you, I lost you and our baby once and that's enough.'

"Miss Hayes' family?" A tall man that looks like in his early 30's asked, he looked very familiar tho.

"Yes, that's me."

"Well, Miss Hayes here seems to be fatigued and has a fever with a temperature of 41 degrees Celsius. I advise you to increase her fluid intake and give her lots of rest." I looked at Addison and she seems really tired. She has bags under her eyes and she seems to have lost some weight.

"For now, she will stay in this hospital until her fever goes down."

"Thank you doc."

----

"Fatigue and fever? That's kind of unusual since Addi really takes care of her health. She's health-conscious and you know that." Addison was already transferred to a VIP room and right now, I'm explaining to Sky about Addison's condition.

"That's what I'm also wondering. Does anything big happening in her company?"

"Hmm... I heard that she's going to open another branch in another country, but her employees weren't really following her orders and now a lot of money is wasted and the due date for the opening is nearing."

"Maybe that's the reason."

"It could be. You don't have any work to do?"

"Nah... I finished it a while ago that's why I couldn't answer your call immediately."

"What about tomorrow?"

"It's actually a good thing that I asked for three days off since I never get a proper rest this past two months because of many projects. I could take care of Addison and Scarlett."

"Yeah, but you should go home for now. I'll take care of Addi, I promise. You look really tired and in need of sleep."

"But I want to take care of Addison."

"I know that Liv, but how can you take care of her when you have little energy left on your body. Go home and get some sleep and then come back in the morning. Okay?"

I guess Sky is right. I do need some rest, but I couldn't really rest when all I think is that Addison is here in the hospital. So instead of going home, I drove to Addison's house to see Scarlett.

-----

"Mommy, where's momma?" I was getting Scarlett ready for her bedtime when she decided to ask about her momma.

"Baby... how should I say this... well, your momma got sick and she didn't want to go home because she is afraid that you might get affected by it."

"Is momma gonna be okay mommy?"

"Of course baby, you know that momma is strong. She will be fine."

"Hmmm"

"Now how about a bedtime story?" She seems excited when I mentioned about a story.

"Can I choose the story mommy?"

"Of course baby, you can get any story that you want."

-----

ADDISON'S POV

White ceiling, white walls, an IV drip, and a headache is what that welcomes me once I woke up.

"Hey, good thing you're now awake."

"How long was I out?"

"More or less 18 hours. Are you hungry? I bought you breakfast since I know hospital food is not really that tasty." Was I really that tired?

"Maybe later, how's Scarlett?"

"Scarlett's fine, she's with Olivia right now."

"Olivia? Why is she with her?"

"Well, I panicked when I received a call that you collapsed so I kind of also told Olivia about it. I asked her if she could go inside as her guardian because I couldn't really go in."

"Why? It's not like your afraid of needles or blood."

"I'm not, I just couldn't." Well, that's weird.

"You haven't really answered my question, why is Scarlett with her?"

"Olivia got worried that Scarlett would get sad if she finds out your in the hospital, so she stayed there in your house to accompany Scarlett."

"How can you trust her with my child? Do you perhaps have feelings for her, Sky?"

"What?! No! Of course not! She's a good friend and I know for sure that she really cares about Scarlett."

"What if Scarlett gets attached to her?"

"So what? You just have to make her stay."

"And how is that?"

"I don't know, friendship? Dating? Or may be marriage?"

"Idiot, why would I marry her?"

"For Scarlett!"

"How long should I stay here?" I decided to change the subject before it goes anywhere unpleasant.

"Well, the doctor --" Sky was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Good morning Miss Hayes, I'm doctor West the doctor in charge." I nodded at him.

"Hello doctor, how long will I have to stay here?" The earlier the better, there are a lot of things that needed my attention right now.