Prologue - Why'm I going to Japan?

Prologue~~~ Discussion with her father

Francesca wasn't pleased as she faced her father, "Why am I going to Japan?" She honestly wasn't sure why her father wanted her to go over. All she had been told was she was going to be leaving in a few days for the coming school year. As expected it would include going to a school over there.

His father's eyes tightened as he was looking at his daughter, "Because I said so. You are going to go, do what is needed, and at the end of the year come back." Wilson was feeling like his daughter was almost challenging him.

Frankie rolled her eyes, "Give me a break dad, not challenging you, just asking what my purpose for going over there is for. I'm not stupid since you would break me in half and have medical put me back together. I just want to know why I'm going over there." She hadn't realized what she'd said since it was a personal joke. Sometimes her father was so dense. She didn't want to consider taking over the pack, but she would like to know.

Ah, that explained what his girl was asking. He stared at her for several minutes just to make the point of who was in charge, "You are going to spend time with a cousin pack. Reinforce the bonds with them, and maybe meet your mate. If you don't it isn't a problem but if it helps, we'll be receiving a member of their pack as well."

"I'm so pleased that you are going to get a member from their pack in exchange." Man, the sarcasm in that statement was thick, "Great, I'll pack for the time away from here. If you'll excuse me father, I'll go and take care of what is needed." Frankie waited to be dismissed before leaving the office. She loved her dad but sometimes he could be so damn annoying. It was going to be interesting going over since she didn't know much Japanese. Everyone was taught some since they did have several cousin packs over there.

She found it rather odd since this pack was about as American as possible. There were some Asian descendants, but many were black, white, Native, and many other races. How they were related she honestly wasn't sure but guessed it was from some high-ranking mating's. Beyond that she didn't really care currently. Once she had graduated school and finished college she would start working as the Alpha heir. Then she would really start learning what was needed. Until then she had high school, sports, and weapons training. It was a lot of work even for a wolf.

When Frankie walked into her room she found her mother sitting on her bed, "Hey mom, what're you doing here? I was going to pack for an exile in a strange land." Trying not to make jokes about a stranger in a strange land was hard. Even if it was considered old stuff she loved Heinlein. He was a wonderful author and his writings made sense to her.

Her mother stood and walked over to her girl and pulled her into a good hug, "Don't be silly Francesca. You aren't being exiled, just exchanged for some handsome guy to see if he finds his mate. If you do as well fine. Just remember you will be going to a Japanese school or international school. Oh, and the other pack will provide your uniforms."

Frankie returned the hug until the mention of uniforms came up. She leaned back and glowered, "Uniforms? What the hell... Oh, like the anime. Frigging great, gotta wear some stupid uniform. I guess that isn't going to include jeans, t-shirts, and a leather jacket, right? I won't wear the shoes they seem to wear. What about knives and such? Not saying I'm going to carry a sword to school but a pocket knife?" She was so used to having a carbon fiber knife, which couldn't be detected, it would be really weird not having one.

When Frankie's mother started laughing at Frankie as she glowered at her and she kept laughing, "No, jeans and t-shirts won't be allowed while at school. I do expect you to listen to the pack seniors as to what is appropriate wear at the pack or to town. While at school and after hours, what you wear in public will be included in the school and pack rules. Do me a favor and try not to cause any major problems hun. As far as a knife keep it reasonable and avoid using it. Go and make us proud. Your special items have been packed and prepared for sending. We do have a private plane for you. Now pack, don't take too much since much of the time you will be in uniform." She stood and gave Frankie a hug before leaving her room.