jeremy ray taylor

Y/N's POV

I was walking around the mall with my friends. They were talking about clothes, shoes, guys, that sort of stuff. They were the popular, pretty and nice girls. I was the girl who read books alone, wore jeans instead of shorts, and stayed at home. I liked being alone...

"Y/N, does this look good on me?" One of my friends asked me. I looked up from my book and saw her in a white crop top. I nodded, faked a smile and went back to reading. She sighed and went back into the dressing room.

As I waited outside, I heard a bunch of screaming girls running up to a certain place of the mall. I shook my head and went back to reading.

"Oh my god! Y/N, come with us!" My friends told me. I followed them, annoyed.

"That's Jeremy Ray Taylor!" They screamed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Jeremy who-what now?" I asked them. They scoffed and walked up to me.

"Listen, forget about being friends with us. You are honestly the most embarrassing thing to ever walk on this planet. Go read your book somewhere else, loser." They retorted. They walked over with the rest of the girls and joined in on the screaming.

I felt tears slowly trickling down my cheek. I grabbed my book and ran out of the stores and out to the mall's garden. I sobbed feeling left out. Feeling so naive. How could I believe that they really wanted to be friends with me?

I didn't want to be here. I watched as all the people that walked by continued to stare at me. I reached for my back pocket to get out my phone to call my mom. It wasn't there. I got up from the my bench to look for it.

"God dang it!" I yelled. I started to lean back to stop more tears from rolling down. I leaned back up and put my hands on my face.

"Why can't I just be normal?" I asked myself.

"Normal is overrated. I like the way you are already." A voice told me. I looked up and saw a boy in a hoodie.

"What do you want? Are you gonna laugh at me too?" I asked him, feeling even worse. He shook his head.

"No, I just wanted to give you back your phone." He smiled as he handed me my device. I gawked at it and took it from his hands.

"Thank you so much! Where did you find it?" I asked him excitedly. He scratched the back of his neck and looked back up at me.

"Well, actually, I heard what those girls were saying to you and I was gonna say something but you took off and you dropped your phone." He explained looking at me sympathetically. My smile dropped at what he had said and I sat back down.

"I just wanna say that you seem really nice and you can do so much better than those girls." He told me. I looked back up at him and smiled.

"Thank you. That means a lot." I gushed.

"Of course. No problem. Oh, and by the way, my name's Jeremy." He introduced himself.

"Jeremy? Jeremy Ray Taylor?" I asked him remembering his name. He nodded.

"Oh ya, I've heard of you. I'm Y/N." I said as I shook his hand.

"Can I sit?" He asked me while grinning. I patted the seat next to me while continuing to read my book.

"What's the book about?" He asked me.

"Well, basically the girl is is traveling all over the world until she finds this boy at one of her destinations-

10 minutes later

"Hey, I have an idea. Do you want to go to the bookstore?" He asked me hoping I would say yes. I smiled and stood up.

"Sure! Let's go!" I told him excitedly as I held his hand and dragged him to the store.

We entered and it had an indie vibe that I admired. I walked around looking for the right book. Jeremy slowly followed behind, looking at me.

"I found it. This is perfect." I looked at the book in my hands. The Boy I Love.

"I need this!" I exclaimed. I reached for my pocket and grabbed the money I had brought with me just in case. I had ten dollars. This book costed 30 dollars. I put the book back in disappointment and gave Jeremy a fake smile.

"I can get it another day...let's go." I said to him walking out of the bookstore. I turned around and he wasn't there. About 10 seconds later he came out with a plastic bag and handed it to me.

"Jere, what's this?" I asked him in curiosity. I looked inside the bag and saw the book. I looked back up at him and widened my eyes.

"Jeremy! Oh my god, thank you! You didn't have to do that. It was expensive!" I squealed. He laughed.

"It's fine. As long as your happy." He insisted. I hugged him in response and we walked around the mall together. Girls started coming over and screaming again. I stood next to him as he held my hand. The other girls started squealing as they saw us. I saw my two ex-friends looking at us and they made their way towards me.

"Omg! Y/N, we're so sorry! We never meant those things we said about you! We were just kidding." One of them said. The other nodded.

"Do you think we can hang out with Jeremy? Oh, and you too of course." They continued. I looked at him and he shook his head.

"No thanks. I'd rather not hang out with fake friends." I smirked. They gawked at us and turned around in anger, flipping their hair. We laughed and looked back at them seeing them whining.

A few minutes later, it was time for me to go so I called my mom to pick me up.

"I had a really nice time." I began.

"So did I. Will we be able to hang out again?" He blurted. His cheeks went red and I giggled.

"Of course we will. Here, let me give you my number." After we exchanged numbers, I went into my mom's car and waved goodbye.

30 minutes later

jeremyraytaylor started following you

liked by finnwolfhardofficial, jackdgrazer, and 37,876 others

jeremyraytaylor My favorite person right now 😊 @Y/I/N #library #reading #indie
View all 1,658 comments
_______________________________

Hey guys, quick info check, I got the idea of the Instagram picture things (picture above) from trash_66666 go check out her books!