The Boss..7..

"Have you talked to your father lately, Tamera?" Eric asks, walking from his Mercedes to my BMW, as I step out and lock the doors.

"Yeah, I talked to him last week." I mutter, looking down at my untied Nikes. "But not thi--"

"Let me." Eric offers, squatting, just as I bend to tie my shoes.

"Thanks." I smile, watching him tie my laces in his special "Eric knot".

"No problem." Eric sighs as he stands again. "He really wants to see you, Tam."

"Why?" I frown, engaging the alarm on my car. "We talk every week, Eric. He doesn't need to see my face."

"You're his daughter, Tamera." Eric scoffs as we walk out of the parking garage to the sidewalk.

"I'm not his only daughter." I scoff back. "He has another one, Eric. One we didn't even know about until two years ago."

Eric holds his arm out in front of me as he looks for cars coming from another parking garage exit.

When it's clear he leads me across as he says, "Tamera, Mac had Sophie before he met your mom. Her mom didn't tell her anything about him. Sophie found you guys herself."

"However, Malcolm--" I drawl my father's name as I walk down the sidewalk to Jackson Towers with Eric. "knew about her. Meanwhile, he didn't think to tell my mother, or his two legitimate kids, about her. Until Sophie popped up on our doorstep two Christmases ago."

"Don't hold that against him, Tam." Eric pleads as we walk through the revolving doors into the lobby of Jackson Towers. "He's still your father, and, whether you like it or not, Sophie's your sister."

"Thanks for reminding m--"

"All of it, Mika." Mr. Jackson's voice interrupts from behind us and I look over my shoulder.

"What is he doing?" I ask myself as I stop in place to stare at the commotion.

Is that Mika? Crying?

"Who?" Eric asks as he stops walking as well and finally notices the commotion. "Who's who?"

"Everything." Mr. Jackson snaps his fingers. He's not speaking loudly, but there's an echo in here. Therefore, his voice is carrying and loud enough for passersby, and nosies like me and Eric, to hear. "I don't want you to have anything that's connected to me. Give all of it back and leave, Mika."

"I'm leaving!" Mika yells as she shoves keys and a few other items into his hands.

"Good." Mr. Jackson shoos her as he shoves the keys into his pocket. "Out now."

"You'll hear from my lawyer, Michael Jackson!" Mika shouts as she walks into the revolving doors to leave the building. "You'll hear from my lawyers!!"

Eric, myself, and other passersby stand in awe for a second. Then, as if the previous drama with Mika was normal, the others go on their merry way.

Meanwhile, I keep my eyes on Mr. Jackson.

"Woah." Eric whistles as I watch Mr. Jackson talk to the building security. "If that wasn't embarrassing. She just got fired in front of the entire lobby."

"I don't want her in this building again," Mr. Jackson says loudly and I think it's for those around to take notice. "and if she does get in, you all will lose your jobs just like she did. Do I make myself clear? Do you understand that?"

"Yes, sir, Mr. Jackson." The security guards nod together.

"Good. You can go back to work now."