The Boss..25..

"You're not a bad dancer, Eric." Mika smiles as she wraps her arms around his torso. "You're just really tall. You're pretty good moving these lanky limbs."

"Thanks." Eric chuckles as he moves with the music. "Tamera says I have two left feet."

"That's the girl on the dance floor, right?" Mika smiles, acting clueless.

She knew, very well, who Tamera was.

"Yes," Eric nods, staring straight into Mika's eyes, as his expression changes. "you know the woman you lied to so she wouldn't get the job with Michael Jackson." Mika's face blanches and she takes a step back from Eric. He cocks a brow as he continues. "Did you really think I wouldn't know who you were? I also know Jermaine sent you here to distract me while he dances with Tamera."

"I came to you on my own, Eric." Mika practically babbles. "Jermaine didn't tell--"

"Save it," Eric cuts her off with a snap of his fingers. "Thanks for the dance, but I don't need more of your silly gestures." Eric holds Mika's attention as he threateningly adds. "And if you, or Jermaine, are even thinking about hurting Tamera because you got fired... don't. I promise dealing with me won't be pretty." Eric brushes his arms and sighs, "Now, if you'll excuse me."

Eric walks around Mika as she sighs heavily before placing her hands on her hips.

**

I'm making my way through the crowd from the dance floor, away from Jermaine, when a familiar brunette steps in front of me.

"You couldn't wait to get him alone, could you?" Britta accuses as she stands back in one hip. "You have absolutely no respect for people's relationships."

"Excuse me," I scoff, preparing to walk around her. "but when I see a relationship, I'll respect it." Britta pushes me back by my shoulders and a look of shock covers my face. "Look, bitch," I begin in a warning tone. The people around us stop dancing to observe our drama. "you better keep your filthy hands off of me before I--"

"Before you what?" Britta chuckles, blinking at me. "You're not going to do a damn thing, Tamera. I can tell, just by looking at you, that you're bougie and allllll talk."

"Ohhh, don't let how this comes together fool you, baby." I chuckle, gesturing to my body. As she rolls her eyes, I deliberately insert myself into her personal space. "I will stomp a mud hole in your ass, Britt! Try me!"

Britta seethes, "And will that make Michael want you?"

"I don't give a damn if he wants me or not, Britt!" I scoff as she takes a measured step from me. "If you haven't realized, he's here with you tonight, not me."

Britta kisses her teeth as her eyes narrow. "Then why were you two just on the dance floor hugged up?"

"That's a question for you to ask him." I retort with every annoyed emotion in my body. "I'm not your date, your acquaintance, nor your friend. Bitch, I owe you not a goddamn thing. Therefore, I'd advise you to step up out of my face and keep your night cute."

With a newfound confidence, Britta steps into my face and growls. "Or you'll what?"

A pleased grin spreads across my lips before I headbutt her.

**

"Oh, hey, Michael." Eric smiles as he walks to the bar and sits on a stool beside him. "I didn't know you were here. How are you tonight?"

"Sane for the most part." Michael mumbles with a sigh.

"Oh, that's nice." Eric sarcastically sighs. "I just saw your ex-secretary."