The Boss..16..

The next morning, I walk into the kitchen dressed in zebra print heels, a black peplum pencil skirt, a sleeveless white ruffle blouse (that dips low, but not too low, between my breasts), my make up is light, and my hair is twisted into an office friendly bun.

"Told you he wanted the V, Tam." Taylor comments as I reach around him for the pitcher of apple juice on the island. "And from the way you're advertising, he's gonna want it even more today."

"Who is he?" I frown, pouring myself a small glass. "What are you talking about, Tay?"

"Michael Jackson." Taylor winks before biting into his waffles. "Seriously, if he didn't want you and bad before, sis, he surely does now."

"What are you talking about, Tay?" I frown, placing my glass on the countertop, before wiping the corners of my mouth.

Taylor wiggles his brows. "Sex."

"Sex?"

"I overheard Mama on the phone this morning. She said you got slobbed down last night on the side of the house. She caught you and your almost boss in a very compromising--if you will--position." Taylor wiggles his eyebrows again and I roll my eyes. "He wants the V like I said."

"Are you kidding me?" I scoff at the news of my own mother gossiping about me.

"I am not." Taylor smiles, turning to me. "So, sis, did you get lucky like I did yesterday?"

"Lucky?" I question, cocking my head to one side. "What do you mean by lucky, Taylor?"

"Yes, lucky. As in lucky lucky." Taylor wiggles his brows once again. "Tam, I know you didn't get the job as his assistant, buuuuut did you let him hit?"

I smirk at Taylor before flipping him off and grabbing my handbag from the stool beside him. "Hit that, virgin."

"Virgin?"

"Yes, virgin." I tease. "That's what you are, Taylor."

"Why do you say that?"

"Baby brother, you're just too fascinated with sex and expressing how much you have it to not be one." I laugh, condescendingly. "Those who speak are the fibbers those who do not are the truthers."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Ask Renée if I'm a virgin, Tamera." Taylor stands, defending his virginal status. "She'll beg to differ."

"She may, but the smell of Similac cascading from your breath," I smile, patting his cheek, as he sits on the stool again. "lets me know you are, baby bro. Nice try though."

"I may be your baby brother, Tamera, but I'm not a baby in the areas that count."

"Yeah, right, viiirrrrggiiinn." I sing-song, winking.

"You know, I'm glad you let him slob you down, Tam." Taylor smirks. "Maybe if you let him hit, you'll be a little more courteous around here."

Flipping him off again, I grab my briefcase from the counter. "Is that courtesy enough for you?"

"Oh, yeah, sis!" Taylor laughs as Caroline walks into the kitchen and he turns his attention back to his breakfast.

"Eric's out front, darling." Caroline smiles as she fluffs my blouse. "You look great."

"I know." I mumble, walking around her, but I turn back. "Oh, and Mother, the next time you feel the need to gossip about who I'm kissing on the side of your house... don't. Gossip isn't cute, even if you speak facts."