The Boss..29..

"So, what's up?" Eric asks as he and Malcolm walk to a spot to talk in private. "Have you decided how you feel about Michael yet?"

Tucking his hands into his pockets, Malcolm nods, answering. "Yes, Eric, I have."

"So?" Eric's brow furrow as they stop in place. "What are you thinking, Mac? End his career? Shank him? What?"

"No."

"Then, what?" Eric frowns more, turning to face Malcolm. "What are you going to do to him?"

"I'm not going to do a thing, Eric." Malcolm smiles, solemnly. "I'm actually going to leave Michael be."

Shocked, Eric takes a step back and quietly exclaims. "What!? Why?"

"I've decided he's alright." Malcolm sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Michael's alright, Eric."

"Pardon me? Are you saying you're okay with Michael Jackson even after--you know--" Eric pauses before looking around to make sure no one was listening. "what he was involved with concerning Tamera?"

"Yes, Eric. Why else would I take this business meeting with him?"

"To maybe warn him to stay away from Tamera?" Eric answers, incredulously.

"At first," Malcolm shrugs. "I was going to use this meeting to do just that. And I kind of did. However, we had a little talk in the elevator, and I've decided he's an alright bloke."

Eric scoffs. "What?"

"Eric," Malcolm sighs as he places a hand on his shoulder. "I'll admit I wasn't quite sure about Michael. I thought kin to Jermaine Jackson--just like Jermaine Jackson. But, after Michael told me what Jermaine had in store for Tamera, and on his own, I saw him differently. He's nothing like his brother," Malcolm laughs in spite of himself. "thankfully. Therefore, he's alright in my book, son."

"Mac, I was never going to let Jermaine touch Tamera." Eric assures and Malcolm nods in belief. "That night at the club, I told her he was a slime ball and she believed me."

"My bunny is a stubborn one, but she knows when to say when." Malcolm breathes.

"This is true." Eric agrees with a small sigh.

"Oh," Malcolm softly claps his hands together before going on. "Eric, be aware that we cannot tell Tamera about this little revenge ploy Jermaine had Michael involved in to hurt me."

Eric's eyebrows knit for the hundredth time. "Why not? I think she should know, Mac. Have you not seen the way Michael looks at her?"

"I have," Malcolm smirks at the jealous look on Eric's face. "And I still feel there's no reason to let her know. Michael fessed up to his involvement, he didn't let it go too far, and now he has nothing to do with Jermaine because of Tamera."

"What if Jermaine wraps him up in something else that has something to do with Tamera, Mac?" Eric whispers, fiercely. "What then?"

"He won't be able to, Eric."

"What makes you so sure, Mac?"

"You've said it yourself, Eric." Malcolm smiles, knowingly. "The way Michael Jackson looks at my daughter. Tamera has him wrapped around her little finger. And that man will do anything to stay there." Malcolm chuckles as Eric pops his knuckles, annoyed. "With that said, I'm beyond the realms of sure that Michael Jackson will not be a problem for us or her again. Jermaine Jackson... now he's another story." Eric clenches his jaw and Malcolm pats his back before walking towards the office door. "Let's go back in and start this meeting, Mr. Southern. Come on."