13. Of Wishes And Covers

"Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow."

▫▫▫

Lynelle arrived at my house later in the day and I was anything but prepared. I hadn't even found something suitable to wear.

Lynelle tsked and made her way to my closet. "Sit back darling Eiffel," She told me. "Let me handle this,"

I let her and she rummaged through my closet. After a while she called out, "Do you have anything besides dresses with polka dots? They're literally all that I can see here which reminds me that we both need to go shopping,"

"I'm fine with my polka dotted dresses, Lynelle. I don't need to go shopping,"

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes and continued searching my closet.

Minutes passed and Lynelle turned to me with a huge grin on her face. There was an outfit she'd hidden behind her and with that look on her face, it couldn't be anything that I considered modest.

"What did you find?" I asked carefully.

Lynelle grinned even wider and slowly revealed an outfit that I'd even forgotten I had. It was a shimmering gray top with heart patterns scattered all over it. Then, there was a pair of black jeans that were ripped at the knees. Lynelle held out a pair of black heeled boots to complete the outfit.

She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, "Beautiful, isn't it?"

I nodded slowly, taking all of it in. The outfit brought back so many memories, but I pushed those the back of my mind.

"Go try it on," Lynelle urged, handing me the clothes.

I returned to the bedroom after trying them on and Lynelle's grin was even wider than before.

"It makes you look like an absolute badass, Eiffel," She gushed dramatically. "It suits you so well,"

"Are you sure?" I asked, looking at my self in the full length mirror.

I looked too skinny for it and I was afraid I didn't have the curves to pull it off. Maybe all Lynelle was just telling me it looked nice out of pity. In comparison to her, I looked like dirt off the sidewalk.

"It's beautiful," Lynelle assured me, sitting me down. "Now, stop worrying about your clothes and let me do your makeup,"

In less than a minute, Lynelle had spread out different make-up items, ranging from mascara to foundation. I swallowed hard and let her work on my face.

During the process, she didn't let me look in the mirror and I was just too curious.

"Are you done yet?" I asked for what could have passed for the eighth time.

"Almost..." She added a final touch, "Done."

Lynelle grinned as she spun my chair around so I could look into the mirror. My eyebrows were elegantly curved in a gorgeous arc and my eyelashes were longer and fuller than usual. Lynelle had used black eye shadow to create a smoky dark look around my eyes and it went pretty well with the supposed bad girl outfit I had on. Nude lipstick defined my lips and Lynelle grinned from ear to ear as I marveled at her work.

"Boys are literally going to be head over heels when they set their eyes on you," She nudged me playfully in the side and I chuckled slightly.

The drive to Lynelle's was not very long and when we got there, the place was the typical high school party setting. Loud music boomed from speakers and the house was already crowded. Every kid from school was present. Lynelle tossed hellos to as many people as she could and I got a lot of cat calls and wolf whistles from different angles of the room. I wasn't used to attention of this kind so I was relieved when Lynelle asked me to come with her to the kitchen so we could get some drinks.