33. Of Wishes And T-Shirts

"Be with someone who ruins your lipstick. Not your mascara."

▫▫▫

Shawn undid his seatbelt as soon as we got to the narrow path that led to the lake and turned to me, "You don't mind if we walk down, do you?"

"I've been stuck in this car for an hour, so I guess my legs could use some exercise."

We got out of the car and into the dark night. Crickets chirped and the stars twinkled as we navigated through the path. The chilly wind hit me and I shivered a little.

"Do you think it'd be wise for us to swim in this weather?" I asked, looking up at Shawn when my teeth started chattering.

"I was thinking the same too," He said, shrugging off his jacket.

His wonderful scent engulfed me when he draped the leather jacket over my shoulder.

"But you'll be cold," I protested, even though I was secretly enjoying the warmth that his jacket gave me.

"Don't worry about it," He said and laced his fingers with mine.

We halted our steps when we saw we'd already gotten to the lake. It looked even prettier at night. The stars reflected on its still surface and it gave off this sense of calmness.

"I would have loved for us to just sit down and enjoy the scenery since we can't swim anymore, but it's too cold," Shawn said. "I don't want you falling ill,"

Ooh, my subconscious remarked. He cares about you.

"We've come too far to turn back know," I said, not really caring if I wound up getting a cold. "I mean, we drove an hour just to get here. It's not even that cold anymore,"

"Yeah, but your chattering teeth prove otherwise." Shawn turned to face me and he cupped my left cheek with his hand. "Look, coming to the lake tonight was my idea, but since its too cold, I've got a better idea now,"

"Okay..." I said slowly, not sure where this was heading. "What you got?"

A grin made its way to Shawn's gorgeous face, "How about we hang out at my parents' lake house,"

Not bad.

"Do you have the keys?" I asked.

He pulled out a ring of keys from his pocket with a smirk and shook it in my face. "I was born ready."

We walked back to the car and swiftly, Shawn drove to the lake house which wasn't far at all. We arrived there in about five minutes. Shawn stuck the key into the keyhole and we stepped into the warmth of the cozy house.

He helped me to take off his jacket like the gentleman he was fast becoming and then hooked it on the cloth peg in the corner.

"Thanks," I said, rubbing my arms with my hands.

With a silent nod, he walked over to the thermostat to heat up the living room. I took my time to watch his lithe movements. The way his long legs moved across the carpet was just so enthralling. 

Tiny goosebumps rose on my arms when I came to the reality that it was Shawn and I. Alone. In a lake house. Never ever had I thought that a day like this would come.

"What are you thinking about?" Shawn's smooth voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I saw his tall, lean body standing in front of mine.

"N-nothing," I stuttered.

"Well, you're stuttering and blushing," he spoke, tucking a loose lock of my hair behind my ear. "Which just proves that you are thinking about something,"

"No, I'm not," I lied, hoping he couldn't see right through me.

"Is that so?" He chuckled and his strong pair of hands grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

We were so close that my chest was flush against his and his eyes captured mine as they held a smoldering gaze when he looked down at me. My heart began to beat wildly as Shawn bit his lip and his eyes trailed down to my lips that had parted slightly on their own accord.

Shawn looked back into my eyes again and one of his hands left my waist and took its place on my cheek. He stroked his thumb across my cheekbone and slowly leaned in. I would be lying if I said that little action didn't drive me crazy.

My eyes instantly fell closed as his lips met mine in a kiss. No word could possibly explain what I felt as his lips moved rhythmically with mine.

Shawn's expert tongue glided across my bottom lip, seeking permission and I immediately opened up to him. Our tongues collided and I could taste the peppermint in his breath. Shawn squeezed my hip, pulling me closer to him and I didn't resist. My hands slid up his shoulders, pulling him closer to me.

"Eiffel," Shawn moaned my name, momentarily pulling away to catch his breath.

His perfectly shaped lips were pink and plump and I used only a second to admire them before he crashed his lips back to mine and pulled me on top of him as he sat on the couch in the living room. I straddled him and slid my fingers into his hair. I twiddle with the hair at the nape of his neck and succeeded in getting another moan out of his mouth.

Shawn pulled away and began to pepper kisses down the side of my neck while I threw my head back as tingling sensations are thrown down my spine.

"Shawn,"

His name fell out of my mouth in a barely audible whimper.

He playfully nipped at the tender skin behind my ear before blowing cool air on it. This made me shiver all over. He pulled his head back with a slight chuckle and captured my lips again.

I tug on his hair tighter as I began to feel weakness in my knees and queasiness in my stomach. Shawn briefly broke the kiss to pull his black shirt over his head and in seconds, his mouth was on mine again.

Shawn's long fingers travelled underneath the thin fabric of my  top and they begin to explore the skin of my stomach, slowly approaching the curve of my breasts.

I pulled away immediately and his beautiful caramel eyes poured into mine.

"I-I don't want to take things too far," I stuttered, looking down nervously.

"Oh, right."

For a minute, all was silent and we looked away from each other, neither of us knowing what to say. This was so awkward.

Shawn cupped my chin and tilted my face up so I could look at him in the eye.

"I'm sorry I got carried away and tried to rush you into something you aren't ready for," he apologized. "Forgive me?"

He made a cute puppy dog face and I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my lips. "Yes."

"How about we just watch a movie?" He asked as I slid off his lap.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you loved this chapter, please vote and comment if you did. I'm taking a short break from updating so I can plan the rest of the book.

Please bear with me while I do this. I hope to be back sometime in February. Probably the second week. Thanks for understanding.

I love you all so much! ♥♥♥