Chapter 1: Family

The sunlight is seeping through the curtains. The sound of machine buzzing and faint sound of jazz music can be heard from the other side of the room. There's scattered papers drawn with dark sketches on the desk, pens and pencils lying somewhere near the papers and two pictures, safely pinned against the memo board right in front of his desk. Jungkook smiles looking at the pictures of a girl on her daddy's back, smiling happily. This is his strength, his reasons to work harder. Everything is for his daughter.

Jungkook caresses the pictures of his daughter slowly, before focusing on his works again. Didn't even realize that times has passes by very quickly.

"Jungkook? Wasn't it about time you pick Sayu up from school?" Jaebum asks when he saw Jungkook, still on his desk working on a new design.

Jungkook glances at the clock when Jaebum said that. In 15 minutes, the school bell with rings and Jungkook really didn't want to be late picking his daughter up. Her homeroom teacher hates him. She even manages to show it clearly to Jungkook's face each time, every single time that they meet. He grabs his things and start running to her school, hoping that he would arrive in time.

When Jungkook arrives at the school's gate, he mentally pats his own back for arriving earlier than he should.

'Good Job Jeon, daddy's proud of you'

Unfortunately, he can clearly see her daughter's teacher with a clear annoyed expression plastered on her face with Sayu's hand in hers. He glances at his old watch that's still functioning and finds himself, 3 minutes early. So, why did she looks so annoyed? It's not like he's late or something. Right?

"Mr. Jeon, you're late.... Again" she moves her gaze towards Jungkook's bare arm.

"I believe I came on time? Didn't I?" jungkook tried to defend himself.

"I guess you need a new watch then. If you can afford it of course with that—job of yours. Anyway, the other kids are long gone, so I hope you understand what that means" she snorts while glancing at jungkook's bare arm repeatedly, judging him.

Jungkook slowly curses himself again for wearing short sleeve that day. It was a hot day and Jungkook was supposed to stay indoors at work so, he chose to wear short sleeves buttoned-shirt. Clearly he forgot to change into long-sleeve one before bolting out from work.

"And please Mr. Jeon, next time wear a proper cloth here. You're lucky there's no other kids around"

Jungkook quickly hide one hand behind his back while the other hand grabs her daughter's backpack and slowly took her daughter's hand too.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Wang, it won't happen again."

Mrs. Wang just snorted and walks back into the classroom without sparing them another glance. Jungkook can hear her mumbling something like 'immature brat', 'rude' and something that he didn't want to say it himself. Jungkook chose to ignore her and starts to walk away.

"Hey princess, how was your day?" Jungkook looks at her daughter who seems busy with a paper plane in her other hand.

"As usual daddy. Nothing's interesting" she stops walking and ask jungkook to carry her instead. Jungkook just chuckles and picks her up.

"Well, daddy's gotta go back to work, do you want to follow me or do you want to go to Daehee oppa's house?" he tickles his daughter, earning a loud giggles from her.

"I wanna go with you. I'm still sulking with Daehee oppa" Sayu replied with a pout on her face.

"Why? I thought you guys are besties?" jungkook asks, slightly frown looking at his daughter's pouting face.

"We had an argument yesterday. He said that Captain America is better than Iron Man. Daddy! We both know that Iron Man is the best superhero exist!" she whines at her daddy, still pouting.

"What? How dare him! Iron Man is the best. Okay, here's the deal, tomorrow, I'm going to buy you lots of candy and we will not share with him until he change his mind."

"Yes! I won't share with him if he said Iron Man is second place again!"

Jungkook immediately makes a goofy face to her daughter. Sayu giggles a lot and she makes another goofy face to her daddy. This is how they play along. This is how they connect with each other. Others might say jungkook is childish and didn't suit the role of a father. But who cares? As long as they're happy, that's enough for them.

"Don't worry, Iron Man is still best of the best! Feeling better now?" he asks while looking at her now smiley face.

"Yes... Ummmm maybe after we get some ice-cream!" she points out towards the ice-cream shops at the end of the streets. Jungkook smiles and nods at her daughter before walking towards the said shop.

Jungkook might not be the best father in the world, but he would try his best to be with her.

------------------------------------

"Okay, let's see... Half of this is for the rent and bills. This one is for Sayu's fees. Ah-ha, looks like we can buy some meat this time. Ughh finally!" Jungkook smiles, sorting out his new-gained salary. It's not much, but it's going to be enough.

"Sayu, can you please get me the bills? I'm going to pay them tomorrow." Jungkook shouts from the living room. A minute after that, she walks towards him, handing the bills.

Once jungkook takes a look at the amount written, his eyes widen. How did the amount goes up to twice the usual?

"Daddy, the pipes in the bathroom makes a weird sound like wheeeezzzz wheezzzzz. And also, the water keeps on coming out. I think our bathroom is flooded." honestly, he wants to laugh looking at how Sayu's trying to explains the situation, making gestures using her whole body.

Oh... so, that's the reasons. Jungkook sighs and goes to take a look at the bathroom. Yup, it's leaking.

"It's fine baby, I'll have someone to fix it tomorrow." Jungkook grabs his old cloth and wraps them securely around the leaking area. Hoping that it could hold it at least until tomorrow.

'I guess the meat have to wait then'

That night, before falling asleep, jungkook heard Sayu's prayer that her daddy would buy a milk-flavored candies because it's Daehee's favourite, despite of being 'sulking' with him. Jungkook smiles at her daughter. Wondering how he gets an angel as his daughter. But he's not complaining, she's his world, everything he's got.

####################################################