Chapter 18: Her Efforts

"Appa, when are you coming home? It's been a month already" Sayu is sitting Jimin's lap. She insist to visit Jimin every weekend. So Jungkook would drop her off at Yoongi's and makes excuses to not staying there. He only comes back at 6pm to fetch Sayu and immediately leave without even stepping inside. And Jimin was fine with that. Or at least he acts fine.

Sayu hates it. She hates how her appa and daddy didn't talk with each other. She hates how they avoids each other's eyes. She hates to see her daddy's tears while looking at Jimin's picture. She knows Jimin does the same too once in a while. She hates seeing how her family turn out. She wanted them to be like before.

"Soon..." Jimin said while playing with her fingers.

'Lies'...... She knows Jimin is lying. Both of them know.

"Appa, next week, our school have a tiny function. All of the students will be performing. I will perform too. All parents are invited. Can you come too?"

Jimin bites his lips. He couldn't go. It will draw suspicions among other parents as some of them already know about his relationship with Jungkook. But he, as the father, also wanted to see his daughter performs on stage. Oh how he wish he can go, he would cheer as loud as he can, proud to say that she's his daughter. But he can't take that risk.

"Baby, I have works next week. We will be busy---"

"Please? I need you there." Sayu pleads. She looks desperate in Jimin's eyes. He knows she needs him. But he couldn't.

"Daddy can't go. He has an important client. I would be very lonely if no one came to support me. Please appa." She lowered her head, tears already pooling in her eyes.

Jimin heart sinks thinking that Sayu on the stage, getting ready to perform but no one's there to support her, watch her. It would break her heart and Jimin wouldn't let that happen. She's his daughter. Maybe, maybe if Jungkook couldn't make it, he could show up, saying that he's her guardian, or maybe pretending to be her relatives or something. Yeah, maybe he could do that.

"If daddy can't make it, I will go. Somebody needs to support our little princess here right?" Jimin tickles Sayu making her laughs. He crosses his finger hoping that nobody know him during that function.

************************************************

"Daddy! Next week we have a function at school and all parents are invited. I would be performing, so can you come?" she jumps up and down in excitement.

"Of course baby, I wouldn't miss you performance wouldn't I? So what are you going to perform?" he wipes off some cream on Sayu's mouth.

"I'm going to sing! And there will be surprise for you too!" she said while skipping happily. Jungkook has to remind her to be careful otherwise she would hurt herself.

"I'm already looking forward to it." He picks her up to keep her from running and skipping on this slippery road. They need to be home safe and sound.

"Daddy...... can you please don't tell appa about this? I don't want him to be sad because we can't invite him too" she pouts, pleading his daddy.

"Sure baby. I won't"

Jungkook knows that he couldn't tell him even if he wanted to. Jimin and Jungkook could never be together. Not in public or anywhere else.

Little that they know, Sayu has something planned for them. She even asks Taehyung oppa to help her out this time. She told her how she wanted to have her family back and Taehyung, simply helps her with it.

**********************************************************

Sayu has been excited all day. She practices a lot in her classroom. She will be singing with her classmates for the opening and then she will perform alone on stage. Jungkook send her to school a bit early today since Sayu said that she need to practice. He promises to be there on time. Now, Sayu is waiting for Jimin to show up.

The school hall started to fill in with audience now. In another 10 minutes, the performance will start but both Jimin and Jungkook is nowhere to be seen. She only spots Taehyung oppa at the door. Taehyung purposely asks for a leave today from Jaebum to help Sayu. He has to make sure Jungkook or Jimin didn't run away.

Right after that, she spots a man with yellowish hair wearing a denim shirt along with black jeans walking inside. She rushes down towards him and hugs him dearly. Jimin is a bit shock when she hugs her but he hugs her back and smile at her. He silently thankful to god because Sayu doesn't shout 'appa' at him because if she does, there would be a huge problem.

"Hey princess, are you ready?" he asks picking her up in his arm.

"Maybe..." she answers smiling back at her appa.

"Nervous?"

"A little. But you're here making it all better now" she kiss his cheeks before pointing to his seat. Taehyung greets Jimin and sit next to him as well. Jimin is a bit surprised to see Taehyung there but Taehyung said that Jungkook send him because he couldn't make it so that makes Jimin ease a bit.

Sayu runs back to the backstage slightly hoping that Jungkook wouldn't notice that Jimin is there too. She hopes that Taehyung would be able to make both of them stay until the end.

Its less than three minutes before the performance starts but Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. She started to get worried a bit. Does Jungkook already know that Jimin would be here? Is her daddy not going to come?

###########################################