Chapter 4: Jeon Sayu

*beep beep beep*

"Oh, Fuck!" Jungkook picks up his phone, he's shocked to see the time on his screen. He quickly gets up of the bed, washes his face as fast as he could. He was late!

So damn late!

"Sayu! Baby, come on. We're late" Jungkook went to Sayu's bedroom and wakes her up. They only have less than 30 minutes to get ready. Minus the time that they should get to school, Jungkook believes he only have 15 minutes or so.

Looking at the clock, Sayu quickly goes to the bathroom, getting ready in hurry.

Jungkook quickly makes his way to the kitchen, preparing some breakfast. He opens the cabinet and see a few eggs and 3 slices of bread.

'Bingo'

He takes the bread and eggs out and prepared to make fried eggs and toast for breakfast. He heats up the pan, pour some oils and put the bread into the toaster. He quickly pours the eggs inside the pan and walks to his closet. He takes out his old coat and puts on his long-sleeved shirt.

Little that he knows, when he walks back in the kitchen, the toast is completely burnt and the smokes from the pan didn't make things better too. Jungkook quickly turn off the stove and kick the chair in frustration. He kinds of regrets that because his toes hurt like hell right now.

"Daddy, I'm ready." Sayu said, coming out in a dress a little bit too small for her. Jungkook mentally slaps himself, he needs to get Sayu new clothes. She's growing up and she needs it.

"what's for breakfast?" She asks while taking her seat, trying to comb her hair by herself.

"Uhhh... can you just have bread with jam?" Jungkook put two slices of bread in her plate and start to spread strawberry jams on it, or whatever he had left.

Once Sayu starts eating, jungkook takes the comb and brush her hair as fast as he could. He tied her hair up into a ponytail. A messy one indeed. But that's the best that he could do.

15 minutes later, Jungkook carries Sayu in his arm and starts to bolts his way out to her school. He tried his best to be there on time. He can't afford getting in trouble with Mrs. Wang again. Lucky for them, he did arrive on time.

----------------------------------------

"Eww, No! Take that thing out from the basket!" Minjoo said, picking Nochu up and throws him on the other side of the room.

You see, there's a 'tradition' in their school for the students to bring toys and put them in the playroom so that everyone can share. So, along with other kids, Sayu brought her best buddy, Nochu, a stuffed bunny to be shared with her classmates. Unfortunately, her classmates didn't like Nochu. Yeah, not so much.

Sayu rushes to get Nochu off the floor. She hugs him when she picks him up from the floor.

"Oh no! My toys are dirty now! It must be because of that ugly thing just now!" Seola whines. She glares at Sayu for making her doll dirty. But the fact is, it wasn't Nochu's fault. Even though he's old and had a few ugly stitches on it, Sayu always keeps him clean.

"Go away! Nobody wants to play with your zombie!" Soojun said, pushing Sayu away, making Sayu bumped her back onto the wall.

"He's not a zombie! And Mrs. Wang said everyone can play here." Sayu said, lips trembling with tears threatening to fall down.

"No. its not a zombie! It's a trash. Your daddy must've picked him up from the garbage can" Soojun said to her.

"Everyone except you! Your toy is old, we only play with 'real' toys here!" Nayeon adds, showing off her new barbie doll's collection.

"Your daddy is poor. He can't even buy you toys."

"Look at her hair, it's messy and ugly. You daddy can't even buy a comb."

"Look! She even have holes in her dress!" Seola said, pointing to the ripped fabrics. It must've ripped when Soojun pushes her just now. The other kids laughs at her when they look at her ripped dress.

"I'm not playing with you until you got a new toy!" Seola said, earning nods from everyone.

Sayu walks out from the playroom and hold Nochu tight against her chest. She walks towards the garden and sits on the bench there.

"There-there Nochu. Don't listen to them, you're special" Sayu said, comforting her bunny.

"Sayu? What are you doing here?"

"Mrs. Kim. Hello, I'm taking Nochu away from them, they said bad things to Nochu." She said, frowning while patting Nochu's head.

Mrs. Kim's heart hurts looking at how sad Sayu looks right now. She knows, she knows better that the parents are badmouthing jungkook behind his back for his work and for having a kid at young age. And she knows the other students didn't want to play with her because she can't afford things that others can.

There was a time when the students need to be in groups for art class. They are supposed to work together and paint the pictures given. But Sayu was rejected by her classmates. Nobody wants to work with her. When Mrs. Kim asks why, they all answered that she didn't have good color pencils and her color pencils would just ruin the whole picture. she admits that her color pencils are old and the colors itself are dull. But she knows that's the best one Jungkook can afford, color pencils are not cheap so as the other things in this country. He knows Jungkook tried his best to fulfill sayu's need and she didn't blame them for that.

"Okay, so do you want to help me watered these flowers then? Nochu can wait there for you." Mrs. Kim gives Sayu the watering can and Sayu nods in excitements. They ended up watering all the plants and of course Sayu chirps non stop about how amazing the flowers looks and how they smell nice.

No doubt at all, Sayu is a born angel.

#########################################