Chapter 13: We're Fine

Jungkook grins from ear to ear today. Sayu's birthday in only a week from now and he's getting his paycheck next Thursday. He's been saving up his money just to buy Sayu the dress that she's been looking at since a month now. He knows how much she wanted that dress, but he just can't afford that dress at that time.

And now, he has enough money to pay the rent, buy groceries, pay the bills and Sayu's school fees, he has no reasons to didn't buy that dress for her birthday. Jimin and him has been secretly planning a small party for her. Jimin promised that he's going to bake a cake for her and they also invites jungkook's friends too.

They've decided that that they're going to make the party in Elderly's Oak seeing how close she is with the elders, jungkook is 100% sure that she would be happier if they celebrate her birthday with them instead of her 'friends' from school.

"Hey kook, how's the plan going?" taehyung asks, wriggling his eyebrows once jungkook sets his foot at work.

Seeing how annoyed jisoo's face right now clearly means that taehyung has been flirting with her again. Secretly, jungkook knows that these two dorks has the same feelings towards each other. It's just that she's playing hard to get with taehyung.

"It's going to be awesome! Jimin just called saying the nurses in Elderly's Oak are willing to brings food for that day, jimin and I just need to bring her the cake. And you know what? The elders are so eager to celebrate her birthday that they even make the decorations by themselves. Jimin said it's funny seeing how they bickers and concentrating on making the best decorations ever." Jungkook laughs while sitting on his chair, finishing up the booked design from his customer.

Jisoo and taehyung smiles at how happy jungkook is right now. He's happy, and that's all they wanted.

--------------------------

"Mr. Jeon, I need to talk to you right now" Mr. Kang, the owner of the building calls him as soon as he spots jungkook at his front door.

"Is there a problem Mr. Kang?" jungkook asks, slightly frown.

"The pipes outside your apartment is leaking and it's been flooding the floor below you. I've got complaints from the tenants downstairs about this. So, I look at it and it's definitely leaking from your pipes. I need to ask you to pay for the maintenance. Besides, you also need to pay for the damage on the floor besides you. these are the receipt and the amount that I needed you to pay as soon as possible" Mr. Kang hands him the receipt.

"Yes, your broken pipe had damaged our floor completely, we need to repaint the wall and the floor. Seriously, how can you be this irresponsible? As a father, you should be more mature!" Mrs. Ha said with annoyed face.

"as a tenant you should be responsible to always checks the damage around your house. Your actions has caused trouble for others as well" this time, Mrs. Jung add while crossing her arms. Obviously, these two ladies are the one who complaints about this.

Jungkook was shocked listening to this. Like seriously?

"Excuse me sir, but i didn't cause the damage so why should I pay for it?" jungkook asks. he clearly didn't understand why he needs to pay for it when he didn't make the damage. Supposedly it's the landlord's responsibility right?

"When you signed the agreement, we stated that we didn't cover for the maintenance. So, it's your responsibility mr. jeon"

Jungkook looks at the amount on the paper and he's speechless. The amount is too much for him. Even if he deduct the money for their daily groceries, it wouldn't be enough.

Jungkook realizes that he couldn't do anything much about this. He just nods and promised to pay it on Thursday.

-------------------------------

"Jungkook, hi! I brought some food for you and Sayu. Makes sure you re-heat------ jungkook?" jimin place the food on the table and walks towards his boyfriend. Jungkook is sitting in the middle of the living room, head hung low, his face looks sad.

"jungkook? what happened?" jimin asks, slowly caressing jungkook's back. he realizes that jungkook has been crying now.

"jimin...... i---I'm such a useless father. Why did I have to---- damn it!! why did I have to be this useless? My daughter only asks for one thing and I couldn't even get her that! god, why did my life turns this way? It's unfair you know. For me, for her. She didn't deserve me! I should've listen to Naeun before------" jungkook rants out.

He had that money, he had it in his hand. so, why? Why can't he gives her daughter what she wanted? Why did life have to be so cruel to them? Why did it has to be this way? It wasn't really about the money. he's used to this kind of situation before. it's just that, he feels so frustrated. just when he thought that he can finally, finally gives her daughter what she wants, life decided to throw shits on him. yeah, he's completely frustrated.

Jimin hugs jungkook and whispers sweets nothing to him. jungkook told jimin everything that happened that day. jimin couldn't believe on how mean a person can be.

Jimin wants to offer himself to pay for the maintenance, but knowing how it would hurt jungkook's pride, he made jungkook agreed to let him pay half of the amount. And luckily with that, they still manage to buy a dress for Sayu as her birthday gift.

Yeah, it was not that dress that she wants, it's just a cheap dress that he can barely afford, but she's happy with it. jungkook still feels a bit sad that she couldn't get what she really wants. he cried at nights about that. but he's gotta be strong. The birthday party went awesome and jungkook has never seen Sayu that happy before. And that's fine for him. totally fine. It's worth it.

####################################