Chapter 9: Our first Date

"Jimin oppa!" Sayu runs towards Jimin as soon as she spots his yellow hair among all the nurses inside. Jungkook has to shush her saying that they must keep quiet here. Sayu bows her head towards the crowds, whispering 'sorry' but loud enough for them to understand.

"Hi princess. So nice to see you again." Jimin smiles widely as soon as Sayu hugs him.

Since the last time that Sayu visits, thanking him for the book, they have been hanging out a lot in the Elderly's Oak. Being an angel that she is, she often help Jimin with his duty even though jimin said she didn't have too. And both jungkook and sayu have been very close with the elders there. Jungkook thought that the elders there has slowly replace the missing spots in his heart for his parents. So, this is his way of repaying his parents that he failed to do when they're still alive.

Jimin and sayu have made an agreement to read a book every Saturday. Of course he seeks permission from Jungkook first about that. And since Jungkook has fallen head over heels for him, he couldn't bring himself to say 'no'. Her daughter would be very happy and of course he could spend more times with Jimin too. Everyone wins.

--------------------------------------

"hello Mrs. Ko, hello, Mrs. Min how are you today?" sayu said, placing a cup of tea on the nightstand.

"sayu~ I've been missing you a lot these day. wondering when will you come and visit me again." Mrs. Ko said, gesturing for sayu to sit on her bed, next to her.

"Daddy got a lot of work, so I have to stay with daehee oppa. I'm sorry I didn't visit much. but I have a gift for you. I made it at school." Sayu showed them paper cranes that she made in her class today.

"wow, that is nice. Very beautiful indeed." Mrs. Min said, while looking at the paper crane.

"who is this little guy?" mrs ko asks, pointing towards the stuffed bunny on sayu's lap.

"this is nochu, he's my best friend. Aside from jimin oppa and daehee oppa of course." sayu smiles, while showing her bunny.

"it's lovely, dear. I'm sure everyone loves him" Mrs min said again.

"............... no, my classmates wouldn't play with him. they said, he's old and dirty." Sayu pouts, remembering how her friends would move away once she sets nochu on her desk.

"why that is unfortunate. He's lovely. And do you know what makes him special? He has his own heart. Because a lovely girl like you gave him so much love and makes him grows his own heart. Treasure him. he's very special indeed." Mrs min said, smiling at her.

Sayu's eyes glittered in amusement. She knows that nochu is special, but she didn't know that he's that special and it makes her loves him more. No matter what others said about nochu, she believes nochu is special.

--------------------------------------

"Jimin oppa, can you tell me another story today?" she asks hopefully Jimin would agree.

"Of course! And today, let me tell you a story about 'The Falling Stars'." He picks her up and walks to the usual table that they sit every Saturday. It has been a habit of Jimin to cook something and eat it together with Sayu and Jungkook every Saturday. It's almost like they have their own little picnic on their own.

Jimin place the food on the table and starts his story-telling while feeding Sayu. As always, Sayu would listen with awe, eyes glitters in amazement. Even Jungkook was mesmerized by Jimin's stories that he didn't even realize that sometimes he forgot to eat his share.

"Wow Jimin oppa! This story is nice too! I'm going to tell this one on next class! Can I borrow this book?" she exclaimed in excitement.

"Wow-wow... okay princess, slow down. Why don't you go and wash your hands and mouth first?" jungkook cut's her word, he chuckles a bit seeing his daughter's face.

Sayu pouts but walks towards the sink anyway.

"Sayu has been very excited to go to school now especially when they have the story-telling session in class every Thursday. She said, that day, only that day, people will actually talk to her and listen to her stories." Jungkook looks deeply in Jimin's eyes, thankful for the changes that Jimin had brought in his daughter's life. Sincerely, Jungkook didn't even know if he can make Sayu as happy as Jimin can which makes the reason to love Jimin more and more becomes stronger.

"She is a lovely kid. It's sad to know that other kids doesn't want to play with her. Those kids are losing a lot." He glances at Sayu who seems to be in the middle of helping another kid, younger than her age, to wash his hands.

"So, to thank you for everything, I would like to invite you for dinner. I mean we could go out for dinner and hang out a bit.............?"

"Seriously... there's no need to thank me. I didn't do anything. She's already a lovely girl even before she met me." He said, his cheeks redden a bit.

"Please, I insist. It's just a simple dinner." Jungkook pleads, hoping that Jimin would agree.

"Umm.... Okay. Next Saturday, maybe?"

Hearing that Jimin agreed to have dinner with him is enough to make Jungkook overjoyed. He plans to at least thank Jimin for making Sayu happy. And if everything goes well, perhaps he would tell him his feelings.

Once they have finished their lunch, Jimin went back to his work and Jungkook brings Sayu to his workplace. It's Saturday anyway, of course the trio would be thrilled to have Sayu with them.

Jungkook told his friends about the 'date'. Even before he could ask, Jaebum immediately volunteers to babysit Sayu as he wanted to introduce Sayu to his son, Eunwoo. He was hoping that Sayu could be friends with Eunwoo since Eunwoo is a very shy kid and he rarely, rarely has any friends. Maybe if Sayu could tell him stories, he would be friends with her.

As for Jungkook, he's thankful enough if Jaebum would love to babysit his princess. After all, Jaebum seems like a better candidate than Taehyung or Jisoo.

****************************************

The next Saturday, as soon as Jungkook finished all his works, he takes Sayu to Jaebum's house. Of course he went back home first to get ready and to bring all the stuff that Sayu might need. Sayu on the other hand is very excited to visit Eunwoo thinking that she would get a new friend today. Honestly, she didn't stop speaking about what she wanted to do with Eunwoo after Jaebum told her about him.

Once Jungkook send Sayu off followed by a lot of kisses and hugs at Jaebum's, he starts to rush out to the Elderly's Oak to pick Jimin up. He immediately spots a yellow haired male standing just outside the building looking beautiful in that yellowish oversized sweatshirt with a baby blue skinny ripped jeans.

Jimin looks up to Jungkook and smiles at him. "Umm... where's Sayu? Didn't see her with you." he looks around, trying to spot Sayu somewhere behind Jungkook.

"Oh... uhh... I—she's at her friend's house." Jungkook flustered a bit. He didn't even realized that Jimin actually thought that they're going to have dinner together with Sayu too.

"........... Oh... um... I thought that she's going to be—ummm never mind" Jimin looks slightly uncomfortable now.

"Should I—should I pick her up?" Jungkook scratches his neck looking nervously at Jimin. He notices the awkwardness in Jimin's face when he realized that it's just going to be the two of them.

"n-no! I didn't mean it that way... ummm... *sigh* I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

"Hey, no, it's my fault. I'm sorry too. Ummm it's okay if you don't want to go now." Jungkook said, smiling sadly. He didn't even know what to do now.

Seeing Jungkook seems a little bit down, Jimin decided that a little dinner wouldn't hurt anybody. And after all, this is Jungkook we talk about. Surely it's going to be a nice hangout.

Jungkook was about to leave when Jimin said that he wanted to have that dinner. If that didn't make Jungkook happy, then nothing in this world will. Except for Sayu, of course. To Jungkook's surprised, the dinner went well. Very well indeed. They clicked so well as if they have known each other for so long.

#######################################