Chapter 10: Can't It Be A Date?

"Thank you Jungkook. It was a really fun night." Jimin said as Jungkook walks him back home. Jimin tried to resist saying that he'll be fine on his own but Jungkook wasn't having any of that. He insists on walking Jimin back home safe and sound.

"I'm glad that you had fun."

"Except for one, you paid for everything! Next time I'll pay for us. Okay?" Jimin pouts a bit.

"............ you mean you want to go out with me a-again?" Jungkook was so shocked that he stop walking immediately. Disbelief that Jimin just asks him out on another date. Well.... At least that's what he want to think.

"Yeah! Of course. I think I need a friend to talk to sometimes. And I'm glad it's you." He giggles while patting Jungkook's back.

'Friend? Okay Jeon, do it now, or never!'

Jungkook keeps on staring on Jimin's back as he keeps on walking. Jimin only stop and turns his head once he realizes Jungkook haven't move from that same spot for a while now. He could see a slight frown in Jungkook's face. Jimin was just about to ask him 'what's wrong?' when Jungkook suddenly close the gap between them.

"To be honest, actually, I ask you out today as a date. I—I really like you. I'm not going to lie about it. For the next date, I leave it in your hand. If you feels like you wanted this to go on, call me. If you didn't, I understand. Completely."

Jimin's eyes widen hearing jungkook's confessions. at least he's not that dumb to didn't know what that means. Jungkook didn't even let Jimin say another word, he quickly walks in front of him, trying to keep his heartbeat steady. The walk back towards Jimin's house is scarily silent. Honestly, Jungkook couldn't bring himself to hear Jimin's answer. At least not yet.

*********************************

It's been two days after the 'date'. Jimin still hasn't contact Jungkook which makes Jungkook slowly accepting that maybe Jimin wasn't gay to begin with or maybe if he's a gay, he didn't find Jungkook interesting enough.

Sayu just watch his daddy looking like a lifeless corpse just laying down on the couch while checking his phone every 2 seconds.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?" Jungkook hides his face under the pillow.

"I really like Jimin oppa." Sayu took the pillow away from his daddy's face and looks at him straight in the eye.

"Me too..." he smiles sadly at her.

"Can you marry Jimin oppa?" Sayu keeps on looking at Jungkook with hopes in her eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe what his daughter had said. Honestly he didn't even know if Sayu actually knows about marriage or relationship between the same gender is allowed or not. He never thought that Sayu would suggest such things. He swear he didn't know where the heck she got those ideas from.

'Kim fucking Taehyung!'

"Baby, what exactly did Taehyung oppa tells you?" he picks Sayu up and place her gently on his lap.

"Taehyung oppa said that daddy likes Jimin oppa. He also said that daddy's going to marry Jimin oppa. He said, if we loves someone we have to marry that person. So daddy can you marry Jimin oppa?" Sayu pleads with excitement in her eyes. No doubt, she really really really likes Jimin.

"But Jimin oppa is a man, I can't marry him baby." Jungkook knows that whatever comes out from his mouth is not the same as what he feels inside. If Jimin wants him, he didn't give a shit even if they have to marry in hell.

"But daddy! Taehyung oppa said gender doesn't matter! You can marry Jimin oppa!" Sayu insist on making her daddy promise to marry Jimin.

"........ I don't think that he likes me Sayu." Jungkook doesn't even know why he said that to his 6 years old daughter.

Sayu frown hearing whatever comes out of his daddy's mouth. She didn't know if Jimin oppa likes her daddy or not. Just thinking about it makes Sayu extremely sad. She quickly hugs Jungkook with her small arms. Somehow Jungkook feels like it's him who needs comforts right now, not Sayu.

*************************************

To: JeonJk

p.Jimin95: hey.

JeonJK: ............ is this really Jimin?

p.Jimin95: yeah...

p.Jimin95: Jungkook ah, I want to tell you that I'm very sorry.

p.Jimin95: I can't see you like the way you see me.

I'm a man.

I can't.

I'm sorry.

But, I really like Sayu.

Can we just pretend that this has never happened?

I know I might sound a little bit selfish, but I really like Sayu but I can't return your feelings.

I'm sorry.

JeonJk: it's okay Jimin. I completely understand.

JeonJk: right, so none of this has ever happened and we're still good friends.

p.Jimin95: .................... Jungkook ah, I'm sorry.

JeonJk: it's fine. Really. =)

'It's time to move on Jeon'

There's no doubt anymore that Park Jimin is not a gay, nor bi. He didn't see Jungkook romantically and never will. Jungkook needs to move on from his stupid little fantasy. Maybe he should just find Sayu a suitable mother after all.

############################################